7

Third Person POV

CODE BLUE

Hannah found herself running down the hall to provide assistance to the team. She grabbed the defibrillator and handed it to the head nurse. He positioned it on the patient and had Hannah charge the patches. He then said all clear and shocked the person. They completed this twice more before the person's heart began beating again.

"Thank you, Hannah." He quickly spoke before focusing back on the patient.

Hannah nodded and carried the device out. She hoisted it back in the storage unit and continued on her shift. A code pink was called and she had to assist in a neonatal emergency. Thankfully, they managed to save the choking child.

Hannah walked to the receptionist counter and rested against it. She placed her head on the table and groaned. The ladies at the counter laughed at the girl exaggeratedly flailing around.

"I can't say anything since it is really hectic." One of them spoke.

"It's not that. Just a lot going on." Hannah crossed her arms and leaned against the counter. "It's the same hectic level as usual."

"How are you doing?" One of them asked.

"Doing better." Hannah shrugged. "It's still hard, but the support and love from everyone helps a lot." Hannah smiled when they all hugged her. "Thanks, girls. I really appreciate it."

"Jeez!" A nurse released an outburst. "Is this storm every going to die off?! My shift ends soon." She complained.

"That's why I'm not even complaining about being tired and going home." Hannah laughed. "There's no way I can travel in that. We may have to camp here until our next shift." They all laughed while the nurse complained.

Hannah chatted with them a little more until her pager buzzed. She quickly left them and went to assist a patient. She had to provide him with some fluids and monitor his levels. She gave him a thumbs up when he passed the tests.

It had been an hour and Hannah felt the anxious thoughts begin to creep back in. She closed her eyes to try and center herself from the oncoming panic attack. She remembered her dad dying and in an excruciating way. She knew exactly what happened on a molecular level being a nurse. Hannah imagined his esophagus closing in and him gasping-

Hannah couldn't take it and quickly exited her area. She began hyperventilating all the way to the locker room. Hannah nervously looked around and realized she mistakenly entered the break room. She clutched her chest and began sweating. Hannah gritted her teeth and forced herself to walk to the locker room.

She threw the door open and hastily made it to her locker. She kept inputting the wrong combination and shaking the lock. Hannah managed to steady her racing thoughts and properly open the locker. She grabbed her bag and emptied its contents on the floor. Hannah grabbed the container of Xanax.

She popped one in her mouth and quickly went to the break room. Hannah didn't waste time and went to the sink to drink water. She swallowed the pill and held onto the sink to ground herself. She took deep breaths and managed to regulate her breathing.

Hannah slumped to the ground from exhaustion. She placed a hand over her rapid beating heart and focused on taking long, deep breaths. Hannah heard the door creak open and heavy footsteps. She turned to see an individual in a hoodie pulled over their baseball cap, a mask so only their eyes were visible, ripped jeans and biker boots.

"Sorry, this area is restricted." Hannah panted.

The individual ignored Hannah and slowly approached. Hannah watched the person open their hand to reveal a knife. Hannah's eyes widened and she quickly stood up.

The individual rushed Hannah and slashed the knife. Hannah ducked as the knife got stuck in the wall. She fell to the ground in shock and scooted away. The individual turned to see Hannah swiftly stand, so they punched Hannah down. They then dislodged the knife as Hannah crawled away.

Hannah heard the footsteps, so she grabbed a chair and positioned it in front of her. She tried to use the chair to push her attacker away and deflect the strikes. Eventually, Hannah managed to kick the chair at the attacker and turned to sprint away.

Hannah ran behind a table and used it to block the attacker. Hannah picked up a nearby chair and flung it at the individual's head. The individual's head snapped to the side and their hat fell off. Their back was towards Hannah, so she noticed the attacker had a buzz cut ith a ton of tattoos on their head. The attacker picked up the hat, fashioned it back on and turned to glare at Hannah.

Hannah gulped and pushed the table out before making a run for it. She got to the door before she screamed from a pain in her leg. Hannah looked to see an axe embedded in her leg. The attacker slowly stalked towards Hannah as she hobbled out the door.

"HELP! HELP!" Hannah screamed.

Hannah dragged her injured leg down the hall as she cried. Her leg was in immense pain from the axe attached to it. Blood dripped down her leg staining her scrubs. Hannah screamed even louder at the sound of heavy boots behind her. Hannah looked over her shoulder to see her attacker casually strolling behind her.

Hannah gritted her teeth as she hobbled away. She didn't make it far since her attacker kicked her injured leg. Hannah yelled in pain as she fell down. She then attempted to crawl while continuing to scream.

The attacker was about to straddle Hannah, but stopped at the sound of frantic footsteps. The attacker stepped behind a wall as a nearby nurse sprinted to Hannah. He was about to drop to his knees when the attacker revealed themselves. Hannah screamed as the attacker grabbed the male nurse by the face. The attacker then plumbed the nurse's head through glass killing him instantly.

The attacker then got on Hannah's back and began carving it. Hannah kicked and screamed the entire time. The attacker was about to slit Hannah's throat, but more footsteps were heard. The attacker scoffed before removing themselves from Hannah. The person then shoved a prank into Hannah's mouth, causing her girl to gag and spit it out. The attacker then quickly fled.

Hannah gasped for air and felt an oncoming panic attack. Luckily, a few of her coworkers arrived. They frantically ran to her and carefully picked her up. They then placed her on a stretcher and wheeled her to the OR. Hannah clutched one of their hands while hysterically crying. The male nurse tried to calm her, but she was traumatized.

Hannah clung to him and begged him not to leave her. The guy swiftly nodded and promised to be in the room with her. Anesthesia soon entered and placed oxygen inside Hannah's nose. The surgeon soon entered and nodded. Hannah pleaded with them not to make her eyes closed, but they needed to calm her. Hannah screamed as her eyes felt heavy and soon she just saw darkness.