14

^^Yeira

Third Person POV

"No way." Yeira's tone was sharp. "I don't believe you." She shook her head. "Are you sure you really want to go with this logic." The woman nodded.

Yeira gave her a skeptical look before swiftly returning her gaze to the object.

"You're telling me that those fish glow?!" Yeira broke out in a grin.

"Yep, and so do the plants."

"Get out of here!" Yeira was beyond impressed. She then lost it when the girl flicked the lights off. "Dude!" Yeira laughed as she turned the lights back on. "That's wild- HEY! The fish glow!" Yeira shouted at other customers. "So cool. Hawaii is truly amazing."

Yeira spent a little longer marveling at the fishes before exiting the shop. She walked along the beach and found a bar that offered her a delicious piña colada. Yeira synchronized her steps with the song about piña coladas while walking. She stopped to admire the hula dancers.

Yeira sipped her drink while dancing along. They smiled and invited her to join. Yeira placed her empty drink down before jumping in. Yeira laughed and thanked them as the song ended. She then spotted the fire dancers and just had to watch. In this case, she ordered a daiquiri.

Yeira then heard people squealing and running into the ocean. She turned and smiled at the surfers diving in to get the big wave. A group of girls ran by her and waved. She waved back as they continued going. One of them turned their head and yelled at Yeira.

"You surf?!" She yelled while running.

"Uhh... not particularly."

"You should come!" She grinned and kept running with her friends.

Yeira thought why the hell not. She gulped the rest of the drink before chasing after the girls. She slowed when she neared them. The girl that called for her was smoothing her board.

"I can show you how." She grinned.

"Oooh, I'm excited." Yeira knelt next to her. "What's the first step?"

"Out of the street clothes." Her friends chuckled with her.

"Aww, you're gonna make me get wet." Yeira pouted and removed her shirt to reveal a bikini top. "I'll be fine." She flashed a smile.

"Cool! Now, you have to go like this..."

Yeira punched the air as the girls cheered. She successfully rode wave after wave. It wasn't too hard for her since she had excellent balance and could easily redistribute her weight. But, she wasn't gonna deny it being fun at all. Yeira allowed the wave to carry her to shore.

"Let's have a competition!" One of the girls suggested.

Yeira was down and nodded along with them. The group paddled out until they caught a wicked wave. Yeira quickly stood up and surfed along it. She was doing well when the wave suddenly shifted and she lost her footing. Yeira yelped and toppled into the water while the original girl smirked past her. Yeira watched as some of the other girls would also randomly fall. Yeira shook her head in amusement before swimming to shore.

The winners began to tease everyone else. The others began complaining in their native language. Yeira pompously walked up and clasped one of their shoulders.

"I should've known never to compete in an aquatic event with mermaids." The mermaids went silent and impishly looked at her. "Always cheaters." She winked as they cackled. "And always weak for vampires." She allowed her fangs to elongate and watched the mermaids marvel. "So where are you girls originally from?"