16

^^Amelia

My hand was over my mouth as I stood outside the OR. I had managed to get back in time, give her the medication to slow the bleeding, and then carry her to the hospital. I barely made it in time, but the adrenaline had powered me through. I shook off the fear and pulled out my phone.

I began spamming Lara's phone, but no answer. Come on, Larz. Please pickup. I closed my eyes and shook since her phone went to the voicemail for the 18th time. No, Larz. No, she couldn't have gotten you.

"Mia!" I turned to see Zayn and Jade sprinting towards me. "We came as soon as we heard!" Zayn stated.

"Guys."

I wrapped myself in Jade's arms. She held me tight as Zayn held his head while staring at my unconscious mother. He paced along the halls as Jade didn't lessen the hug. I pulled back and shook my head.

"Matt had Zayn review video feeds of Lara in France-"

"I'm sorry, Mia." Zayn's shoulders fell. "It's... she was taken."

"Do you know where?" My voice cracked.

"She was taken to an airstrip and after that... I have no idea where the plane landed." He admitted. "I'm still looking! I promise."

"I know." I weakly nodded.

"Mia, we need to move your family. They're not safe here." Jade stated.

"I can't. Brandon's family has no knowledge of my background. They don't know I'm part wolf or about the mafia roots-"

"Mia, we had a special task force here and they couldn't keep them safe. We'll say that they're going on an extended holiday or some shit in Italy. They don't even need to see the security. They can be at an air bnb and we have personnel trail them. We have more control in Italy."

"Or we can bring personnel here." Zayn proposed.

"Yes, because 6'5 tanned, heavily tatted, gigachads definitely fit the Montana aesthetic." Jade sarcastically spoke.

"What are we-"

"Mrs. Ricci." We turned at a nurse's voice. "Brandon is awake."

I quickly left my friends and walked to Brandon's room. Brandon winced as the nurse fed him jello. He heard me and turned to wave, but winced from pain. Tears streamed down my face as I sprinted to him and embraced him. Brandon groaned, so I quickly apologized and wiped my tears.

"Brandon!" Zayn announced and entered. "You look great, dude!"

"Zayn." Brandon tiredly fistbumped him. "What's up?"

"Brandon." Jade gently smiled at him.

"Jade." He grinned and hugged her back.

"We can take care of this, nurse." Jade smiled and took the jello from the nurse.

"Bye, nurse lady!" Zayn waved her bye.

"Guys, could you go get Brandon some soup from the cafeteria?" I inquired.

"Sure." Jade smiled and took Zayn with her.

"Brandon, I'm-"

"Listen." He cut me off. "I saw the attacker. It's a girl. Heavily tatted. Shaved head and-"

"I know." I spoke.

"You know her?" He arched a brow to which I nodded. "Who is she?" I sighed at his question.

"Someone from my past."I shook my head. "She injured mom. Mom is in the OR getting treated for brain damage."

"Wha-"