8

^^Mila

I was seething mad when I observed my sister cringing every so often in pain. Mom gave her some medicine to ease herself while I brought her food. My arms were crossed as I stared at my sister wincing as she sat up. Mom fluffed Hannah's pillow while asking me to get my sister some jello. I simply nodded and left the room.

I needed a moment once I left the room. I squeezed my fist because this attacker is taking this way too personally for my comfort. My dad could be considered a fluke, but my sister... no, my family is being targeted. I'm sure Brandon thinks the same too. I really needed to speak to Matt about this. I need more protection around my family because it seems that I'm not enough to protect them. But, how can I protect them when I'm running around trying to catch the killer?!

And the one thing that stuck in my mind was Jade's words. I tried not to overthink, but she actually had a point. Lara's list of enemies was miles long, so I'm nearly certain this has to do with a girl she fucked over in the past. Her enemies attacking us is one thing, but my family! That's where it crosses the line!

I angrily grabbed my phone and had to consciously avoid crushing it. I knew my eyes were glowing since I could feel my teeth elongating. I angrily walked into the hall and called my wife.

My love! Lara picked up right away. I heard-

Get your ass to Montana.

Wha-

Get your ass here! RIGHT NOW! I ordered and hung up the phone.

I walked outside the hospital and paced around for my wife. It didn't take long for a portal to open up outside the hospital. Lara opened her mouth, but I held a finger up. I then pointed to the woods where I'd let her have it. Lara simply nodded and followed me deep into the woods.

"My love." Lara broke the silence. "You haven't said anything and I'm worried about-"

"Worried?! You're worried?!" I turned in fury. "This is all your fucking fault and YOU'RE worried?!" I snapped.

"What do you-"

"My sister, Allura! My sister!"

"I know." Lara had a sad look on her face. "I heard from your mother. She called to-"

"Why, Lara?!" Tears were in my eyes. "Why are you ruining my life?!"

"Wha-" Lara was bewildered. "What do you mean? How am I-"

"Your endless list of enemies, Allura! They're coming back for revenge! They are attacking my family because of you!" I harshly poked her chest. "This is all because of you."

"I-"

"You've literally fucked over so many people that they want to enact revenge! Who haven't you fucked over?!"

"Mila, I'm sor-"

"Sorry doesn't cut it! Sorry doesn't fix my battered sister! She could've died! She was hunted like a fucking dog! Like prey! Something you did!" I shouted.

"I know my past is bloody and-"

"You're killing me, Allura." Tears ran down my cheeks. "I'm slowly dying watching my family be hurt. I can't." I croaked. "I can't take it anymore." I held my forehead since I felt an oncoming headache. "This is too much."

"Then, allow me to help." Lara approached, so I gave her a look to freeze. "Mila, it's a lot to do by yourself. You're doing this all alone. Please, allow me to help-"

"I don't need your help!" I was beyond frustrated.

"Mila, please. Don't be stubborn-"

"I have Jade and Zayn assisting me." I crossed my arms. "Even Matt... who is better than you." I grumbled and watched her shoulders fall. "I've got to get back." I brushed by her, so she grabbed my arm. "Don't touch me!" I shouted and roughly ripped my arm away.