22

^^Amelia

I confidently strutted across the public square. It was bustling with people and had an abundance of life to it. I slowed when I arrived at the cafe. Carla stood and greeted me. We both sat down and assessed the other.

"It's a beautiful place." I commented.

"Thank you." Carla smiled. "I was hoping you would like it."

"I enjoy the location too." I looked around. "It's nice and open." I sarcastically spoke. "Didn't want to be inside?"

"And not take advantage of the beautiful weather?" She smirked.

"I wouldn't be doing anything in private." I playfully smirked. "But, outside is better for us both. We wouldn't want a disturbance."

"Oh, mi Rosa." Carla leaned forth. "My family owns all of Spain. Meaning that we don't mind causing public disturbances." She sent me a lingering look.

"You would cause a shootout in this crowded square?" I was shocked.

"Don't underestimate my family." She leaned back with a smirk.

"That makes a lot more sense now." I spoke. "I was wondering why you had multiple snipers located around the square." The smirk fell from Carla's face. "One is located 30 degrees to my left, the other it 67 degrees to your right, and 135 degrees to your left. Not comfortable being unprotected?"

"I'm impressed." Carla held up two fingers. I watched as the snipers lowers their guns and abandoned their stations. "You spotted them."

"Wasn't hard."

"You're well trained despite your youth." She leaned forward. "I'm... wow."

"You still have men located around the square, De Luca." I used my eyes to point them out.

"When did you realize who I was?"

"Yesterday," I admitted. "What about you?"

"When you met Ingrid." Carla spoke. "The way you spoke to her. The confidence and... she made insinuations, but you weren't perturbed. You were well composed which is unusual. I had suspicions." Carla then smiled. "I searched you up. There wasn't much except for your fake travel blogging sites. Not much information on you and the stuff I found was surface level. I knew you were fake."

"My profession was fake." I then averted my eyes. "Everything else was not."

"Infiltrating my family." Carla sent me a look. "Not wise."

"Didn't know it was your family." She didn't look convinced. "I literally didn't know who your family was when I met you."

"I believe you." Carla stated. "I would've like for my family to have been normal. It'd have made things much easier. But, you know who they are."

"I do." I picked up the glass of water.

"And what do you plan to do with that information?" She asked as I brought the glass to my lips.

"I'm still figuring that part out." I brought the glass to my lips. "But..." I was about to take a sip. "I'm not sure what to do."

"And why not?" She watched as I brought the glass back to my lips.

"Because I'm trying to get a read on the situation." I placed the glass against my lips.

"A read?" Carla pondered.

"What is your intention?" I took a sip.

"For you to..." She stopped as I sipped the drink. "Mia, DONT-" I spat the water in her face. "Drink that." She muttered and wiped her face.