27

^^Zena

Yeira's POV

"Yei!"

"Yei!"

I heard a voice frantically call out. My eyes were still closed since I had a massive headache.

"Yei!"

"Yei!"

I squeezed my eyes shut because damn my body is aching. What the hell did I do? Was I at a rager and drank too much? Damn, I knew I should've just gone-

"Yeira!"

"Gelato and alcohol!" I blurted out.

"Huh?" I turned to see Zena confused.

"What?" I shrugged. "I love... yo, why are you chained to the ceiling?" My eyes traveled up to find her arms lifted above her head.

"Same thing with you." She motioned to me.

I followed her line of sight and jumped. Shit! I began rattling the chains, but they didn't budge. Instead, they burned like hell. Fucking hell! This is fucking silver! I didn't care and began thrashing around.

"Yei! Stop! You'll hurt yourself."

"So you're content with allowing this shit to burn you?" I continued shaking. "Dang it!"

I ignored Zena and gripped the chains with my hands. I held back a wince as I began climbing up the chains. Zena yelled at me to get down, but I ignored her. I wrapped my legs around the chains in an effort to hang upside down. I then began pulling against the chains, but to no avail.

"Okay, Spider-Man. Are you done?!" Zena was agitated.

"One more rattle." I rattled it once more. "Okay, I give up." I dropped to the ground. "You okay though?"

"Scared." She admitted. "Really, really scared."

"Hey." I got her attention. "Hey, listen to me!" Her terrified face met mine. "We're gonna get out of here. Alright?" I smiled. "We always do. This is nothing out of the ordinary. Just a bit more complicated, but we will."

"I feel like I'm back in that cell with Abramovich." Zena whimpered. "And they tortured me and it brought back the memories. I thought I moved on and-"

"Woah! Woah! Take a breath, lil sis." I coached her with breathing techniques. "Listen to me when I say I'll get you out of this." She nodded at me. "I promise. We'll be free."

"I just want to go. I don't want to be here."

"To be honest, I don't even care anymore." I rocked on my heels. "I'm not even affected by her killing me."

"What?!" I jolted at Zena's outburst. "How can you be so cavalier about dying?! Don't you have stuff to live for?!"

"Well, I-"

"You have a life! Your friends! Your family! Partying or whatever! Drinking past the point of inebriation! Your sex addict ways! And your destructive ways that are REALLY questionable, but you somehow enjoy it."

"When you put it like that-"

"I have so much to live for!" Zena interrupted. "I'm not leaving Acacia! Not after we just got married and everything! I've had to part from her to do that stupid vampire training! Because of that fucking shit, I haven't been able to be with her! I've been isolated from her and refuse to allow myself to easily be killed before I can properly experience married life with the woman I love!" Zena ranted.

"My God." I groaned. "Sorry that you can't be fingers deep inside your girl right now. My mellow dramatic ass got dumped, remember? So sorry for not being all lovely dovey about people I care about." I spat.