Epilogue

Third Person POV

It was so silent that you could hear the mice scuttling around. The cave was dark and the water was extremely still. Suddenly, there were ripples in the water which were soon followed by bubbles.

5 heads soon emerged from the water. They all had scuba gear on as they pulled themselves out the water. The men removed the gear and placed it by the mouth of the water. The team leader cracked a light stick and tossed it down. He then directed his team to follow suit.

3 of the men continued into the cave while the other two stayed by the entrance. Two of them had guns raised while the leader checked his thermal device for any heat signatures. There were many different tunnels leading in hundreds of different ways. The leader held up the device and managed to deduce the best possible passage.

One of the guys constantly dropped a glow stick, so they'd be able to find their way back. It took them a few hours before the emerged into a cavern. The one to the right surveyed the area with his flashlight before alerting his team.

They turned to find a gruesome sight. A gauntly thin body protruded out jagged rocks. The team approached to find the body deeply pierced by the rocks. They knew it wasn't gonna be easy to remove the body, but they didn't care. The leader had one of the guys help him pry the dead body off the rocks. They were a bit rough and didn't care about ripping flesh.

"This is it?" One of them asked.

"They said a body by a massive drop." The leader angled a flashlight up to see how high the ceiling was. "I can't even find the top, so this must be it."

"Cool, let's get that money." The other smirked.

The leader nodded and motioned for them to place the body in a body bag. They then zipped it up and carried it back to the entrance. The men at the entrance were on high alert, but calmed when they recognized their team. They then placed their scuba gear back on before jumping into the water.

It took them nearly an hour to get back to the surface. They went into their speedboat and traveled to the nearest airport. The team entered the private jet to coordinates in the Middle East. The team closed their eyes to rest while the pilot flew to the undisclosed location.

They awoke to the pilot landing somewhere in the middle of the desert. Riders were waiting for them. The leader exited and met with the leader of this team. They exchanged the bag and shook hands before he boarded the flight back to his base. Now, this team strapped the body bag to horses before taking off.

They rode for 2hrs before arriving at ruins. There were abducted people archiving the site and moving heavy boulders. One of the guys kicked the slave down while approaching the entrance. They journeyed deep into the ruins until the came across a liquid pit.

The pit was a mixture of red and orange. It gurgled and bubbled every so often. It also smelt incredibly toxic, so the group used the cloth to cover their noses. One of them unzipped the body and dragged it out. He had another guy help him fling the body into the pit.

They watched as the body sank to the bottom. The men looked at each other since they didn't know how long to wait. It reached nearly an hour when the leader instructed them to retrieve the body. Everyone was hesitant because no one had ever touched the pit. The leader became impatient and kicked one inside.

They all gasped as the guy began screaming while his body disintegrated. They stepped back to avoid being splashed on. They watched as the guy's skin peeled off followed by the meat slipping off his bones.

Because of the disturbance in the water, the original body floated to the top. The leader called for someone to bring a sword. He then stabbed the body's and dragged it close. They wrapped their hands in cloth before dragging the body to shore.