10

(The story is about to pick up now)

My hands were crossed as I simply stared at the wall. No thoughts passed through my mind. My thoughts were completely blank. I couldn't even hold onto a thought longer than a millisecond. I felt bare and numb. Like my whole world was nearly taken away.

Jade cautiously sat across from me and pushed a cup of coffee in my direction. I felt a lump in my throat and couldn't remove my eyes from the wall. Jade sighed and gently turned my face to see my blood red eyes. I sniffled, so she cooed and got up to embrace me.

"Mia." Matt addressed me. "We have security outside his room, and a militia on standby surrounding the hospital. No one will touch him."

"Will he even live?" My voice cracked. "I don't even know that much."

"Vampire blood." Matt spoke causing me to send him the dirtiest look. "I know anything related to vampires is a bit touchy right now, but..."

"Vampire blood can't help if the person is severely injured. He needs to heal on his own." I sighed.

"We also took turns absorbing his pain-"

"He's in a coma, Matt. And high on drugs." I rubbed my forehead.

"Your mom and sister are also heavily guarded." I nodded at Jade.

"Guys!" Zayn bursted through the room. He opened his mouth, but quickly noticed the atmosphere. "Sorry." He muttered. "But, i just went to forensic analysis. I wanted to see what evidence they had."

"And?" Jade questioned.

"Well, everything was... weapony." He muttered, so Jade rolled her eyes. "But! One item was weird."

"What item, Zayn?" Matt inquired.

"This." He handed Matt a plastic bag. "It's bloody too and the blood matches Brandon."

"A fan?" Matt was bewildered. "How's a fan even get involved?"

"In the video, the person used blades and their hands to harm him. I didn't see a fan being involved before the video was cut." Jade stated.

Jade took the fan from Matt and was completely confused. She then placed it on the table while throwing out different theories. I sighed and allowed my eyes to wander to it. I quirked a brow and picked up the bag. The bag was smudged with blood as I turned it around.

I unzipped the bag and removed the fan. Zayn told me not to contaminate it, but I ignored him. The fan looked somewhat familiar. Like I've seen the design before. But, it wasn't super fancy. It was like a cheap fan you'd find off the side of the road. I looked down at the wood and found an engraving.

I squinted my eyes and used my enhanced eyesight to find the place of origin. It was stained with blood, so I had to wipe some away. I read the word: Spain. Spain?

At that moment, it's like all the dots finally connected. I shot up and went to our other case of evidence. Everyone gave me a look as I flitted across the room. I dumped everything on the ground while I sorted through the different items. I finally found the pearl that was shoved into my sister's mouth.

"What'd you say this was again, Zayn?"

"Uhh... a pearl?" He was confused.

"What kind of pearl, Zayn?!" I said harshly.

"It was a cheap gift I bought my girlfriend and she was mad that I didn't spend-"

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, ZAYN! WHAT KIND OF PEARL?!"

"Mollorcan." He gulped.

"Mallorcan." I muttered.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Matt stood in front of me. "Talk to me." He held my shoulders. "What's going through your head?"