23

^^Lara

Third Person POV

"How are you, Larz?" Carla walked into the room.

Lara's head was lowered as the chains held her arms up. At Carla's greeting, Lara slowly lifted her head up. Carla got excited at seeing Lara's eyes glow and her tense jaw. Carla took a moment to listen to the sound of Amelia's moans. She chuckled to herself before pausing the tape.

"That is actually my favorite sound in the entire world." Carla closed her eyes. "My favorite music is her uh, uh. Uh, Carla-"

"ENOUGH!" Lara shouted.

"Oh, I didn't mean to upset you." Carla faked concern.

"You forced me to listen to this for 34 hours straight!"

"Didn't realize you had an excellent awareness of time." Carla quipped.

"All this time and you won't tell me about my daughter."

"Oh, you want to know about her." Carla rubbed her chin. "What's her name again?" Carla scratched her head. "Zaviya? Zara? Zola? Zulu? Z-"

"Zena." Lara snapped.

"Yes, that name." Carla nodded. "I came to speak to you about her." Lara stiffened. "But, what was it about? Jeez, I forgot-"

"Cut the bullshit! What did you do to my kid?!"

"Yes, that's it!" Carla snapped. "I did something!" She grinned, but then frowned. "But, what was it I did?" She pondered causing Lara to shake the chains in fury. "I can't remember."

"Remember bitch!"

"Oh, I remember." Carla chuckled. "Silly me. I'm forgetful." She narrowed her eyes at Lara. "Observe, Larz."

Carla motioned for Lara to observe the projector. Lara had no interest in seeing Carla motorboat Mila's breast. Carla chuckled as she changed the video to a live feed in Zena's cell. Lara's eyes widened and she leaned forward in interest. Zena was strapped to a chair and had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What have you done?" Carla didn't respond. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"Not much." Carla winked.

"ZENA!" Lara screamed.

"She can't hear you, but you can hear her." Carla increased the volume.

Lara began to panic as she could hear a chainsaw in the background along with Zena whimpering. Carla crossed her arms as someone approached Zena and flipped a switch. Zena screamed as she was electrocuted. Lara began yelling at Carla to stop it. Carla ignored Lara's plea and directed the man to increase the voltage. Lara thrashed around and felt helpless to protect her daughter.

Zena's teeth cracked from the force she was biting down. Eventually, she passed out from the pain. Lara was panting and sweating after watching that scene. Carla turned to Lara and approach her.

"So here's what's going to happen." Carla pulled up a stool. "I'm going to continue torturing your child unless you provide me with information." Lara made a face and shook her head. "Okay, no worries."

Carla stood up and directed her men to wake Zena up. They tossed vervain on the girl causing her to release a blood curdling scream as her skin burned. Lara was filled with worry and fear as Zena's skin scabbed over. Carla then directed her men to get the lighter.

"Fine! I'll help!" Lara shouted resulting in Carla halting the man.

"Help with what?" Carla played dumb.