11

^^Lara

Third Person POV

Lara pinched the bridge of her nose while looking down. She then took a long sip of wine before removing the glass from her lips. Lara leaned her head back and observed the tourists pass by the cafe. Lara crossed her legs and dialed the familiar number.

Well, if it isn't the petite princess.

Queen and I'm actually taller than you. Lara quipped. How are you, Hails?

Doing well actually! Watching Zena fail to hit the badminton though.

Even with her reflexes?

Makes it even more embarrassing for her. Hailey snickered.

How is she?

Doing as best as she can. She misses you immensely.

I do too. Lara breathed out. I'm just discouraged from visiting because I've been labeled a distraction and they want to see her abilities without my influence on her. They wish to assess her raw talent.

She knows, but still. Hailey paused. How are you?

Complicated question. Lara sighed. It's actually why I called you. Mila and I had a fight.

What? Why?

Her brother was horrifically attacked. And you know her sister was also attacked and her father murdered. Mila believes it's someone related to my past that attacked them. And it's not a far off thought.

Oh, Lara-

Yes, she was very angry and... she said things that are making me slightly insecure. Lara signaled to the waitress for the bill. She alluded to divorce again, Hails. Lara handed the woman my card. And I can't go through that again. It was agony.

Lara, I'm sure she was just angry. I don't think she'd have the strength to go through an actual divorce. That experience for the two of you was mentally, emotionally, and physically draining. Though, I don't like that she's trying to use that as leverage. It's not nice to be threatening someone's emotions.

I felt that too, but didn't want to say anything for sake of avoiding an argument. Lara silently thanked the waitress and placed my card in my purse. She's pushing me away and it hurts, Hails. I pouted and left the cafe.

She's hurting. And I assume lashing out... I assume you were persistent in helping her and she snapped?

Yep. Lara groaned. Maybe, I shouldn't have.

You were being a supportive wife because you love her. I understand- Lara, where are you?

France. She banned me from being near her. Lara grumbled.

Open a portal and I'll come. I think you need someone with you and not just over the phone.

My daughter needs you more than me. Lara sighed. You need to be there for her.

Zena is fine. She's not sad, but you are.

I'm fine being sad as long as my daughter is smiling. Lara chuckled. So, stay with her. I'll be alright.

What are you doing?

Walking around he Parisian streets to find Mila an apology gift. I know materials don't make her happy, but it's a gesture. She loves this video game called Devil May Cry, so I'm trying to find the little action figure toys. She really likes them and has a collection of action figures in the game room. This one is supposed to be rare, so trying to find it. And then maybe take her for dinner and I don't know... be there as a listener rather than finding a solution.