21

^^Carla

(Carla had hair lol)

I grinned as I quickly descended the stairs. Carla leaned against her bike while smiling at me. When I got closer, she pushed herself off the bike to embrace me. I tightly held her and pecked her lips. Carla grinned and revealed a rose behind her back.

"Por, mi rosa." She winked as I swooned. "Ready?" She handed me a helmet.

I got on the back and wrapped my arms around her waist. Carla roared the engine to life before driving to the event. It didn't take long to arrive at the banquet hall. Carla adjusted her suit jacket while I touched up my makeup. We then held hands and walked inside the building together.

"Wow." I turned in a circle.

"It's a silent auction for the orphanage."

"It seems like invite only?" I observed the guests.

"Aren't all functions?" Carla quipped.

"You gonna donate?"

"Of course." She revealed an envelop. "I'm gonna drop this off and bring you a drink. What would you like?"

"Surprise me." I whispered.

Carla smirked and leaned in to kiss me. She gave me a sweet kiss before departing from my side. I found an empty bar top table and took out my phone. Matt wanted an update, so I told him that I hadn't found any De Luca's yet. I mentioned that I'm learning more about the town and fraternizing with the people, so it shouldn't be much longer before I run into one.

As I was typing away, someone plopped their bag on the table. I looked up to find two girls glaring at me. I raised a brow while locking my phone.

"Así que eres la nueva chica con la que Carla está jugando."

"Am I supposed to know you?" I questioned and saw her jaw tighten.

"More like who are you to be at this event."

"A plus one to Carla... familiar with her?" I smirked at watching her turn red.

"Okay, you had your fun." She faked a smile. "But, cut the cutesy act."

"But, it's not an act." I said in a baby voice.

"Oh, girl. You're so young and naive." She chuckled. "You don't know what you're getting into. Do you even know who you're dating?"

"Im so appreciative of your concern for my well being."

"You're playing with fire." She nodded. "And you have no idea how badly you're about to get burned." She narrowed her eyes. "Don't fuck with me."

"What's your proposition? I leave Carla and-"

"You don't belong in her world. You don't fit in it. If you knew better...." She evilly smirked. "You'd run."

I was about to say something,but Carla returned with my drink. She placed a hand on my lower back while narrowing her eyes at the girls. The girls faked smiles at Carla, but she knew better.

"Carla, it's been a while. How are you?"

"Ingrid." Carla sternly spoke. "Leave."

"But-"

"Leave." Carla reiterated. "Now."

Ingrid bit her lip in anger, but reluctantly left. Carla's glare didn't waver until she watched them exit the event. Carla took a deep breath before flashing me a small smile. She then handed me the drink and tapped our glasses together.