20

^^Amelia

I angrily threw my phone at the wall. I couldn't handle seeing any more videos of Carla either torturing or fucking my wife! It was infuriating and ignited an immense amount of anger in me, but I was pathetic and couldn't do anything. My team worriedly watched as I stormed out the room. I went to a private room and buried my face in my hands. I then slowly dragged my hands along my face as I recalled how I got myself into this mess

~~~Flashback~~~

I received a message to report to my boss' office. I quickly gathered my stuff and entered his office. Matt looked up from his computer and sent me a swift smile. I closed the door and sat across from him.

"I have a case for you. It's high priority and top notch." He slid the folder towards me. "It involves the De Luca family crime syndicate."

"I've heard of them." I muttered.

"Everyone has." I glanced at his words. "They have a grapple on the Spanish government. They are involved in extortion, drugs, human trafficking, murder, and more. They control Spain and have been making moves in other countries."

"And you want me to take out the head of the family?"

"No." He shook his head.

"No?" I raised a brow.

"I want you to exterminate the entire family." He stated causing me to lean back in my chair. "The De Luca family operates differently from every other crime syndicate. All the members of the family are involved in some way. That includes the men, women, and children."

"Children?" I was skeptical.

"Would you believe me if I told you they'll allow the 10 year olds to execute people."

"I'd be inclined to disagree, but I trust your word."

"The only good thing is that they're not any children you need to be concerned about. All the children are adults." He spoke. "If you choose to accept, you will be expected to return with not a single De Luca alive."

"I accept." I quickly spoke.

"Now that you have accepted, I will tell you how to infiltrate them. They are a close knit family. They reside on a private island. However, it's heavily guarded and they don't invite anyone there. They're reclusive. The only way for you to enter that island is to get close to a family member and have them take you." He then pulled up a map on his computer. "Luckily, many of them like to visit Pamplona. So you'll be sent to Pamplona with the intention of getting close to a De Luca for them to take you to the island. Once you're on the island-"

"Eradicate them all."

"Good. You begin now." He stated.

"May I ask a question before I leave, sir?"

"Go ahead, agent."

"This case that you handed me is highly coveted." He nodded at my words. "So why did you give it to me. I'm extremely junior." I spoke. "I'm only 18."

"You are correct. This is a highly desired case. It's also highly dangerous." He narrowed his eyes. "This case has been going on for 5 years. In that time, senior agents have been tasked to complete it. They've all returned in body bags. And not just from the CIA. Other countries have an interest in eradicating this family. Somehow, this family evades capture. I want to try something different."

"Someone more junior?"

"I want to put our rising star on the case. You've shown to be promising." He spoke. "I have faith that you will complete this." He then smirked. "This is your first big assignment. Don't mess it up. Depending on how you perform will dictate your path as an agent."