Chapter-2 (Determination)

The room was dimly lit. Bondita was on the bed covered up with a blanket.. The smell of incense invading her nostrils.

Her eyes fluttered open, and she slowly regained her consciousness. Confusion washed over her as she tried to recall what had happened. She sat up, feeling weak and disoriented, taking in her surroundings.

Her heart skipped a beat as she realized she was  in a familiar place. She was in her bedroom. Her heart still shivers at the thought of the nightmare that she had.

She could never imagine that Anirudh could do this to her. Why her patibabu who always promised to treat her well. Treated her every worst way possible.

Even her sister Samporna
did so many horrible things to her.
Because she thinks I am the reason behind Sourabh's death. But It was an accident. And if there's someone to blame that should be Anirudh.

It all happened because of him. 

Yes! I would not call him Patibabu anymore. He doesn't deserve it . Because of him Saudamini did all that. I ended up in Heera Mandi because he didn't trust me. This all caused Sourabh's death.

I was blind before but not anymore. Because if what I saw in my dreams is true then. I really hate him more than anyone.

Even though he saved my life by marrying me. He ruined so many peoples life too. And the misfortunes and humiliations I suffered being married to him, even death was better than that.

Now my Samporna didi hates me, Saurabh jiju died, Mom is not talking to me because I don't want my husband to marry other woman.

The entire village is mocking me.

If that dream is true, then a lot of things is about to happen. This time I won't cry and beg you. Because I have already decided to leave this hell before the fire of humiliations consume me..

Bondita was still thinking when suddenly the sound of bowl breaking bought her back to reality. She move her head to see that Koyeli was standing at the door, looking shocked.

Koyeli:  Chote Malkin you woke up? Do you know how worried everyone was? You were unconscious for 3 days.

Bondita didn't know how to answer her . She just stared at her blankly. Now her head was also hurting. And hearing that name Chote Malkin brought a throbbing pain in heart. She clutches her chest.

Koyeli saw her discomfort. She again said, 

Koyeli:  Don't bother yourself. I will call Bade Malik and everyone else. You rest.

Soon Ksj , Anirudh, Manorama and Samporna entered the room. Anirudh wanted to rush towards her but Ksj stopped him using his stick. 

Ksj:  Anirudh you don't need to go near her. I'm there to take care of my Bahu. 

Then looked at Bondita and asked,

Ksj:  Bahu what happened to you? Are you feeling alright? The doctor said you are in coma. We were so scared. Why are you so silent? Say something..

Bondita looked at the man in front of her. This person always treated her so well. She always felt the presence of her dad. But was it all because she was his son's wife? After she leaves Anirudh would he still treat her as his daughter? But no matter how he treats her in the future for her he is always like her father.

Looking at him Bondita suddenly called out softly Baba. Ksj was shocked. Because Bondita never called him baba. He suddenly felt something in his heart.

Anirudh and everyone else were equally shocked. Samporna taunted,

Samporna:  Have you lost your mind? Or did you lose your memory? He is not your father.

Ksj:  Nobody asked you opinion here. You keep quiet if you can't say anything good. If Bahu wants to call me baba, she can call me baba.

Bondita was smiling absent mindly when ksj asked her again,

Ksj:  Bahu do you want anything?

Bondita this time again called him Baba confidently, and said pitifully,

Bondita:  Baba I'm hungry... I didn't eat anything for 3 days..

Ksj: suddenly felt pain in his heart.. He then told everyone to get out.. and asked Koyeli and Bihari to prepare food.

Ksj:  Bihari jao Meri Bahu k liye khana leke aao. 

Anirudh who was standing there silently suddenly felt a pull on his arm. He turned his head and saw that Manorama was pulling him to get out of the room. As Ksj asked them to leave.

After entering the room Anirudh was staring at Bondita all the time. His eyes never leaved her face. She was looking so fragile. Just like a glass doll that would break anytime if not taken care of.

He was really worried about her. He wanted to ask how she was. If she was feeling well? But to his surprise she never turned her head to look at him for once.

He understood that she was really angry and sad after what had happened. But she didn't question him, cried for him or shouted at him. She was treating him as if he doesn't exist in her life. As if he was her nobody.

He should be happy that she was not being stubborn about their marriage anymore. But he doesn't know why his heart was feeling so empty. He doesn't like this feeling.

As if he lost something very important. He doesn't like Bondita's ignorance to him. He wanted to talk to her. She called his Kaka baba. But didn't even bother to acknowledge his presence in the room. 

He was still wondering when Manorama pulled him out of the room.

Manorama:  You talk to her later. Let her eat and rest now.

Anirudh:  May be you are right.  I'll come back later.

Bondita coldly starred a Anirudh's leaving back. And thought this time you won't be able to hurt me. I won't let you do that..Mr. Anirudh Roy Choudhury.