Chapter-13 (White Rose)

Holy Cross high school, Dehradun,

The class just ended. Everyone was talking about the upcoming new year celebration. Bondita was cleaning the black board.

After a while she started to announce,

Bondita: Attention everyone.. Krishna sir told me that this year, some British officers are invited in the new year's eve as guests. So we have to perform in front of them.

Misha: Oh shit... Yaar.. I don't want to perform. It's too tiring... Sir ko bolo woh khud nache.

Bondita: shut up Mish.. I'm not done yet.. Principal sir has ordered us to decorate the auditorium.

Misha: uff this baldy.. He only knows how to torture us.. I'll complain to papa about him.. I'll ask him to replace Mr. John as principal. Even Krishna sir is much better than him..

Bondita: If you are done complaining then help me to make groups to divide the work. We only have a week to prepare.

Kabir, Rose and Allen came there. Kabir put his hand on Misha's shoulder and asked,

Kabir: Why are you looking so pissed off..
I think it's gonna be fun. We'll dance together.

Rose: And I'll sing and Allen would play the piano.

Allen: Yeah I'm fine.. I'll definitely play it well..

(Allen and Rose are the only Britishers in their group)

Bondita: You guys have already decided. Then what about me?

Bondita becomes angry and puffs her cheeks... Last year she couldn't perform because she didn't have any friends except Misha.. and Misha fell ill after the drowning incident.

And this year, even though she has a lot of friends but she still doesn't have a partner. She rolled her eyes and went out of the class before they could say anything.

As she went out of the class room she bumped into a guy.. almost falling backwards when a hand grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her up.
Bondita looked at the guy who was also starring at her.. for a while no one spoke.. Then Bondita broke the silence with an annoyed tone..

Bondita: Andhe ho Kya?.. dekh k nahi chal sakte?..

Surprised by her choice of words the guy spoke,

Guy: Oh hello madam.. you should be thanking me instead of arguing.. Moreover, you bumped into me first.

Bondita didn't reply and walked away...

Guy: Ajeeb ladki hai... Ek toh thanks nahi bola.. upar se jhagra bhi khatam nahi Kiya.. she just left like this... Nakchadii..

And then he entered the classroom.

Misha: Uff yaar.. it's all your fault Kabir..
If you didn't come back, I was gonna be her partner for new year celebration. Now, she's angry..

Guy: Attention everyone! I'm here to talk about the upcoming new year event. Where is your class monitor?

Misha: Oh hello... Who are you? You are not from our class.

Guy: Yeah I'm not from this class.. I'm your senior. Let me introduce myself.
I'm Rohan Malhotra. Now tell who is the class monitor?

Misha: Hey listen.. you can talk about it later.. My friend just went out and she is not in a good mood right now..