Chapter-5 (broken marriage)

Bondita prepares the milk water with rose petals for the rasam.. and adds a coin in it.

Sampoorna comes there and taunts her.

Samporna: Anirudh would be knowing all the rasams, after all he has done it before. But Bondita he may forget that you are also his wife.

Bondita: That won't happen. I'm not useless. He won't forget me so easily. I won't let that happen.

Samporna gets angry with her provocations. And plans to take revenge.

She asks the servants not to help Bondita to take the bowl for rasam. She has to take it there by herself.

Bondita smirks as everything is going according to her plan. She takes the bowl and leaves the kitchen. 

Everyone was waiting in the hall for rasam. As Bondita was coming there with the heavy bowl she pretends to lose her balance and splashes the milky water on Anirudh and Manorama.

Everyone gets shocked. Bondita quickly apologized.

Bondita: It's my mistake, I didn’t hold it properly.. I'm sorry.

Samporna: I didn't know you were so jealous of choti Bahu. You want to ruin the rasam. And here everyone thought you are mahan..

Anirudh gets angry thinking Bondita was doing it intentionally.

He thought Bondita was angry with him and didn't talk to him because of her self respect but now she's playing such cheap tricks..

Bondita: I really didn't do it intentionally. The bowl was heavy. I slipped and fell.

Anirudh: Enough Bondita... I never knew you could also do such cheap things... there is always a limit for everything.

Anirudh: I wanted you to become barrister, but you chose the wrong way, by sacrificing your studies to become an ideal wife... How will I bring you on the right path, when you made a wrong choice.

Bondita's finally became angry and started confronting him.

Bondita: You are not suitable for saying all this. If you forgot then let me remind you, you had promised me to be with me always, why are you standing with someone else today.

Bondita: Do you deserve to be called Pati babu? Are you not a liar, a cheater, wrong man, you promised me, you broke the promise. You didn’t keep the seven vows.

Anirudh didn't understand why her words were hurting him so much.. every word she spoke pierced his heart.

Anirudh: Enough Bondita. Don't say a word. I have taught a lot to you, but what did you choose, just becoming an ideal wife, by putting education at stake, you didn’t want to go to school, but buy sindoor, you got a tattoo, you went to Shiv mandir barefoot.

Anirudh: You wanted our relation to be like other husband and wife, its like that now, I have married twice, be happy now, there are many men who married twice, you have become an ordinary woman, you will regard husband a Lord and worship me, you will obey me, because ideal wife doesn’t question her husband, you have become so ordinary now.

Ksj: Enough Anirudh. Don't go too far..

Anirudh: Why kaka? You are also responsible for her situation. 

Ksj was guilty and heartbroken. He just wanted them to be happy together..

But unknowingly broke their relationship. But he was more guilty for Bondita. After all it was him who brain washed her..

Bondita: So just to prove me wrong. You did this? You said I was walking on the wrong path, then let me ask you, aren't you also wrong Barrister Babu?

Bondita: You said child marriage should be forbidden by law.. then what about 2nd marriage while the 1st wife is still alive?

Anirudh: ok then, I'll break our marriage. In this way I'll also get rid of your fitoor of being an ideal wife.

Ksj: Anirudh!

Anirudh: Don't stop me kaka..

He then drags Bondita to the mandir and takes reverse pheras.. and then wipes the sindoor on her forehead.

Anirudh: You are free now Bondita Das.

Everyone was shocked. But Bondita was silent. 

Anirudh looked at Bondita and saw her smiling sweetly. She asked him looking into his eyes, in a voice only the two can hear.

Bondita: You are finally free from this burden, are you happy now?

Anirudh didn't know why his heart clenched seeing this unfamiliar Bondita. But he didn't back off..

Anirudh: I'm very happy...

Bondita: Then I wish you a lifetime of happiness. Good bye, Barrister Babu.