Chapter-20 (restless heart)

Dehradun,

It was around midnight, Bondita was sleeping. Suddenly there was a knock.

The continuous knocking disrupt her sleep. She turned on the table lamp and got down from the bed to check the door.. but no one was there. Then she noticed that the sound was coming from the window. As she opened the window something hit her arm..

Bondita: ouch..

She frowned when she saw that, it was a chocolate toffee. She rushed near the window and looked down... and saw the most unexpected thing...

Snow was falling, in vast whiteness on ground and the darkness of the sky, Rohan was standing there in the circle of lamps... Holding a big bag and a bouquet of red roses. He again threw something which hit her shoulder.. it was a toffee again.

Bondita quickly went to turn on the lights of her room...as this idiot might keep throwing things until he's sure she's awake.

As the lights of her room was turned on.. Rohan started to climb up in the wall and popped his head into the window and asked,

Rohan: May I come in Madam?

Bondita was flustered by his actions and was nervous at the same time as no man has ever sneak in her room like this.. and this guy still has the audacity to ask her permission?

Bondita: no...

Rohan: but It's freezing here. I'm feeling cold... Please let me in...

He made himself look so pitiful.. but today he was unlucky.. Bondita's mood was already very bad and complicated after talking to Anirudh. She had hardly fallen asleep... And this guy came to disturb her..

Bondita: just shut up! Did I told you to come?! Don't you have basic morals that it's inappropriate to meet a girl at this time?.. don't you have common sense? When you know it's snowing and freezing cold outside, why did you come?...

Rohan was shocked by her sudden outbreak.. he had never seen her this much angry...

Rohan: I'm sorry... I didn't mean to annoy you...

Bondita shouted...

Bondita: Stop this drama... I know you are not sorry.. and your 'sorry' would not fix anything... You men always do wrong things.. but the women has to suffer the consequences. You think your 'sorry' would be enough for the humiliation that I had suffered.

Her eyes were red.. filled with anger and helplessness.. tears started rolling down...

Rohan was trying to read her face.. he knew something was not right.. those beautiful eyes were filled with despair..
As if she has suffered a great loss and nothing in this world can compensate for that.

He didn't enter in her room... he sat on the window still And pulled her closer. He held her face and started to wipe her tears...

Rohan: I know my sorry can't make up for the losses you suffered. But you can vent your anger on me... please don't cry.. just bite me If you are angry..

Then he forwarded his hand.

Maybe It was the anger that she had on Anirudh. She couldn't think straight and bit down his hand until she started tasting blood... She came back to her senses.. after realization, she immediately let go of his hand.. and pushed him away..

Rohan almost fell from the window... But still manage to hold on something.. and now he's hanging on the window.

Bondita was shocked by the sudden turn of events... She quickly grabbed his arm tightly and pulled him up.. after successfully pulling him up.. She checked his wound. She grasped after seeing it.. on the pale skin of his wrist the deep tooth marks with some blood on it were eye catching...

Bondita internally cursed herself.. feeling guilty she didn't care about any thing else and made him sit on the bed.. and went to look for the fast aid kit.
She started to treat his wound and after bandaging it,

Bondita: I'm sorry...

Not hearing him say anything she looked up... Rohan was also staring at her with a slight smile.. Bondita frowned her eye brows questioningly..

Rohan: I think your mood is better now.. So I should quickly finish the work I came to do.

Then he began to stifle with his clothes.. Bondita looked at him nervously and asked.

Bondita: What do you mean?..

Then she started to get up from the bed.. but Rohan pulled her and made her sit closer to him..

Rohan: Where are you running off? I came here just for you.. Now be a good girl and close your eyes.

Bondita: What!.. what do you want to do?

Rohan: Nothing.. I just want to give you something.. come on.. close your eyes.

Bondita gulped.. and nervously closed her eyes.. she can already hear her heart beat increased.
Rohan came closer and removed her hair and put something on her neck. Bondita opened her eyes and saw

It's a snow flake pendant necklace.
She looked at Rohan questioningly..

Rohan: Happy Birthday Bondita. I heard from Misha that it's your birthday today. So I came here to wish you. I know it's late at night. And It's also improper. But I wanted to be the first person to wish you...

Bondita: You could have Wish me tomorrow morning.. it's just a day... What's so special about it.

Rohan: It's really special for me... Because.. because you're special. You are the person I'm happy spending time with. So obviously it's your birthday.. and it's worth celebrating...

Seeing the soft doting smile on his eyes and hearing the genuine tone of his voice... feeling the gental warmth his every action carried , Bondita had an urge to cry.. the bad mood.. and all those unpleasant bitter memories were forgotten. She became much more relaxed. For the first time she felt Rohan was not as narcissist as she thought. She also felt sorry for whatever she did to him.

Bondita: Thank you...

Rohan: okay Madam.. my mission is accomplished.. So I'll take my leave..

Bondita: Wait... You sit here for a while I'll bring something for you.

After a while Bondita came back holding a tray.

Rohan: What is this?

Bondita: Since there's no birthday cake.. have some cookies instead. I made them in the evening. And you have been standing outside in the cold for too long, So I bought some hot chocolate milk. Just eat them quickly.

Rohan smiled at her,

Rohan: It looks like you started liking me too.. that's why you're being so thoughtful..

Bondita: Don't eat If you don't want it..

Before she could move the tray Rohan grabbed it. And started eating. Bondita smiled seeing him eating like, as if he had been starving for 3 days...

After Rohan left the entire room fell into a deathly silence. Bondita looked at the moon which looked as lonely as her. She started to understand her feeling's now..

Maybe.. she liked being with Rohan.. being with him she doesn't remember her horrible past.. he has already started to affect her emotions unknowingly... She asked herself,

"Bondita, do you like him?"

The answer to the question was, Endless silence.