Chapter-6 (New life)

Bondita was staring at the girl standing in front of her. She was the same age as her. Her name is Misha.

When she first met her she thought it was a boy.

Because she was wearing shirt and pants. She had short hair. Her personality was also boyish (tomboy girl).

The girl was talking to her father while glancing at her. After a while she smiled and ran towards the ice cream stall to get ice creams. After a while she got ice creams for the three of them.

Misha: Vinny (Bondita) , look I got you, your favorite kulfi.

Bondita: I can see it. But what were you whispering to uncle? What did you tell him to get this ice cream?

Misha: Oh that's nothing.. I just told papa that after seeing kulfi you were missing your home. So we should definitely get you some kulfi. In that case you'll know that the ice cream in Dehradun is much more better than your village. And you won't miss them anymore. ^⁠_⁠^

Bondita was flabbergasted by the amount of nonsense this girl can speak.

Bondita: Isn't it you Who wanted to have ice cream? Why drag my name?

Misha: Remember what Seema mam taught us today? "A friend in need is a friend indeed." So I was using you as a shield to see what they teach us in school actually works or not...

Bondita kept her hand on her forehead and said,

Bondita: isshh... Stupid thats not what the actual proverb represents. It means a True friend never leaves their friends in the time of danger.

Misha: Anyways, I still got you kulfi as compensation . So don't Puff your cheeks anymore. And smile beautiful.

She then saw Arnav uncle coming towards them shrugging shoulders with a helpless smile..

Arnav: The car is fixed. Let's go home beautiful ladies.

Misha opened the car door for Bondita as a gentleman..

Misha: Please be comfortable My Lady.

Bondita rolled her eyes and sat on the car. Arnav was driving the car.

When Misha had mentioned about her village she indeed became a little bit nostalgic. It's been more than a year since she left Tulsipur.

Flash Back

That day, after everyone left calling her an abandoned woman. She also decided to leave that house. Anirudh handed her a form of the boarding school. But she didn't reject it, after all she had her own plans. When leaving for school sampoorna instigated the villagers to chase after her.

Luckily she had already planned everything earlier and Ksj saved her.

Ksj: Bahu I'm sorry for letting you face all these.

Bondita: Baba I'm not your bahu anymore.

Ksj: I know. But don't worry you will always be my beti.. and Anirudh doesn't deserve you. In the future you will definitely meet someone better who would love you and cherish you. So you don't need to be sad beta. Your Baba is always there for you.

Bondita: I don't want to go to the boarding school. Baba I want to leave this place, leave this village and leave everything related to him behind.

Ksj was sad hearing this but he also wanted her to start a new life.

But he also couldn't let her go alone as it's not safe for women being all alone. So he had to find a trusted person first.

Bondita stayed in Kolkata for a month according to Ksj's arrangements.

Arnav Dobriyal is a businessman in Dehradun. He came to Kolkata to look for the hotel works. He wanted to setup a hotel on his ancestral land. But that area was very unprivileged.

So, a few years ago, he had exchanged lands with Ksj. Now the hotel is built. So he came to visit ksj with his daughter Misha to give him the good news.

Ksj trusted this man very much. So he entrusted Bondita to him.. after all Bondita's age was same as his daughter Misha. So after hearing her tragic past he felt she was very pitiful.

Ksj: My daughter is a very honest and good person. Please take care of her.

Arnav: Dada, you have helped me so much in the past. I'll definitely not break your trust. I'll take care of her just like my daughter Misha.

One week later, they left for Dehradun. That's how Bondita's new life journey started.