Chapter 3: Recovering

You hissed at the pain that surged from your arm. "Calm down. At least it isn't bleeding! It'd be aching and stinging even more, then!" The dark monkey said as he wrapped up your arm.

    "That's easy for you to say! You're not the one in pain!" You retorted. "Mhm. You do make a small point there." He agreed. "But! What I said is still true! It would hurt more if it was bleeding. And if you don't stop squirming, it just might-"

     You hissed and clutched your arm. Your arm was bleed a little, but it was bleeding. And he was right, it hurt a lot more now.

    Macaque sighed. "I tried to warn you." He stated. You nodded, admitting it to be true, as took slow, deep breaths to ease the pain.

    "Here. Maybe this will help." Macaque put something cold on your arm. You jumped and yelped at the sudden chill. "Sorry. I guess I should have warned you." He said.

     "You think!" You snapped. You grabbed the cold pack in his hand, and carefully tapped it against your arm. You held your breath each time you made contact with the pack to your arm.

      "I'm going to use a damp rag to wipe your arm, now. And when you're ready, I'll continue wrapping your arm." Macaque stated. You held the ice pack against your shoulder, as Macaque gently wiped your arm, cleaning up the blood.

      While he wiped, you looked at him observing more of the details. Before, all you could see was a silhouette of a figure with a tail. Occasionally, you'd see his seemingly dark fur, but you wouldn't see much else. He kept the lights off then.

     The lights were on now, and you could see him in more detail. His fur was a dark, silky black, his eyebrows were slightly bushy, and there was a red mark across his face.

      His clothes looked like that of a warrior and a  shadow. They were three-fourths black and one-fourth gold. The armor was mostly around his  waist, but a small strip came from his left shoulder and met the rest at his right hip.

      The most unusual piece to his clothes was a deep red scarf wrapped around his neck. It didn't really match anything, it was just there. And it looked, familiar... Again, the feeling of familiarity bugged you a bit. Why? Where have you seen it before?

      You heard knocking on a door. "I'll be back. That's most likely my order." Macaque explained. He left the room. You could hear him open the door and talk to someone for a bit, though you couldn't hear what they were talking about.

       After ten minutes, you heard the talking cease  and the door close. Macaque re-entered the room. "Hope you like noodles. MK is pretty hard to shut up, but I guess that's what I get for ordering from Pigsys Noodles." Macaque said, as he handed you a bowl of the food.

      MK? Pigsys Noodles?! Wait! You know of those names! But you just can't place it!! Grr! "What's up?" Macaque asked. "You look like you're trying to remember something."

     "I am. Some of the names you've said sound familiar, but I can't remember why!" You said frustrated.  "Hm. Do you watch the news?" Macaque asked. You snorted, "No. Half the stuff they say is a lie! And the other half is annoying advertising. So why watch!"

      "Ha! True. Even when they tell the truth, they get something wrong. You have no idea how many times the news reporters call MK "Monkey Boy". Literally every fight he yells "Here comes Monkie Kid!"" Macaque agreed.

       MK, Monkie Kid? Hold on... It suddenly clicked.  You knew why every random thing seemed familiar, but... How in the world did you get here?!

     "Y/n! Are you okay?! I've repeated your name five times, and you didn't respond!" Macaque snapped you out of your thoughts. "Y- yeah. Just... I- uh... Something you said- it just... Clicked." You tried to explain.

      "Come again?" Macaque asked with an eyebrow raised. "I- know why- it seemed- familiar." You said slowly, almost uncertainly. "Good for you." Macaque said with a smile.

       "Are you ready to finish wrapping that arm?" He asked. You nearly forgot about it! Wow. And, ow! It still stung a little, but not as much as it had earlier.

        You nodded to him, and he started wrapping. This time you grinded your teeth whenever it hurt.

      "There. Done." Macaque stated "Now for your hand." You groaned. This was gonna be a while.

(766 words)