Chapter 23: The Final Fight

Macaque returned to your side, and teleported you, as well as the weakened "mayor", to the rest of the group that was still at the mountain.

He made several stops along the way, for you, but continued to travel in that direction while out of the shadows.

"How are you feeling Sugarplum?" Macaque asked you as he carried you.

You trembled a bit in his arms, shivering from the cold.

He hugged you close, trying to warm you up. You cuddled close to him, in return.

There was one point in the travel that he even wrapped his beloved scarf around you to warm you up.

Since then, you shivered much less.

He sighed.

When ever he asked you a question, you remained quiet.

It was unnerving.

"Hey, please answer my questions!" Macaque nearly begged, as he popped out of the shadows with you for the upteenth time.

You looked up at the dark simian, then down at the scarf that was around you.

"O- okay." You whispered.

His eyes widened at your response, then he chuckled and pulled you closer.

He placed his forehead against yours and closed his eyes for a moment.

You have no idea how happy that little response made him.

"I think we can make it to the others in one last trip through the shadows." He told you. "Do you think you can handle it?" He asked.

You looked up at him.

You didn't know why, but you felt a strong sense of trust with him. So, you took a deep breath, and nodded.

He smiled at you, proud of this courage you were demonstrating, and teleported through the shadows once more.

Once you were there, he flung the fake mayor across the room, startling everyone there.

They swiftly got into fight ready stances, until he pulled you out with him.

The second they saw you with him, all of them, except Red Son, knew he wasn't there to cause trouble.

Then, something clicked in their heads.

They left you behind, with the TEA. But they found the TEA without you in sight.

They all looked at you for a moment, observing you.

You looked cold, and tired.

Your cheeks were puffy, as if you cried, and you were wrapped up in a deep red scarf.

Though they didn't know what happened to you, they looked away, feeling ashamed.

They had left you, the newest member of their group, behind!

Despite having helped them multiple times while you yourself struggled, they had forgotten you.

"In the darkness, the warrior was forgotten by the hero." "That's you, bud." The words echoed in MKs head as he glanced at you once more.

He watch Macaque, as the dark simian cared for you.

MK felt even guiltier.

He was the hero.

And, apparently, you were the warrior.

He looked at the ground as something your note said echoed in his head. "A friend... MK. You can trust him."