Chapter 24: Regaining What Was Lost

You slowly stirred, then bolted awake as pain ran through you.

You hissed at the pain.

You then gasped as you felt something snap, then screamed at the new pain.

Images, scenes, and moments flashed through your head.

It was so dizzying, you fell backwards, weakened and exhausted.

You whimpered at the aching and pain.

Everyone slowly got up, they themselves, aching a bit from the fight.

When they heard your scream, they all jumped and collapsed on the ground, panting.

Your scream scared them so bad, a few of them fainted as well.

But Macaque after jumping, startled like the others, he recognized your scream and dashed over.

He heard you whimper, and carefully checked you.

He saw your cut arm, stabbed leg, and scratched hand.

It reminded him of the day he saved you.

Every mark was the exact same.

He swiftly teleports a First Aid kit next to you and went straight to work, patching you up. He swiftly wrapped your arm, remembering moments from the time you he cared for you, with each wrap.

Then he started your leg, then your hand. Each one he wrapped brought back memories that seemed so long ago.

Then he used his powers to remove the seals he made, only to find they weren't there anymore.

Both seals had broken.

His eyes widened.

Depending on how the seal broke, it could have certain consequences.

Consequences he hoped wouldn't happen.

"Y/n? Hey, bud, are you okay?" He whispered, gently shaking you.

You tiredly opened your eyes and looked at the monkey.

You smiled gently.

He smiled back and grazed the side of your head, gently, with his hand.

You leaned into his touch, closed your eyes, and sighed.

He sighed too.

You seemed fine, and that was what he needed right now.

He carefully lifted you up and teleported back to his home.

His home was, surprisingly, untouched.

Everything was as the two of you left it.

He then used a shadow clone to open the door to your room, and placed you on the bed.

You flinched and hissed at the pain.

"Sorry." He spoke. You looked at him, and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" He asked. "That, was one of the first things you said, when I woke up with injuries like these, last time." You explained.

Macaque stared at you for a moment, then smiled.

"Yeah. You're right." He chuckled. "Of course, then we were just two strangers then. I was helping you recover, while you were slowly changing me into something better." He grinned, and rested his forehead on yours, closing his eyes.

You closed your eyes.

"I'm sorry." You heard him whisper.

You looked up at his face, which now had small tears on it.

"I'm sorry for everything. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have suffered so much pain." He apologized. "If I had thought more carefully about the seals, I could have-" You pecked him on his lips.

He stopped and stared at you.

You giggled at his face.

It was an even mix of surprised, confused, and shock.

It was cute.

You pecked him once more, then whispered "I forgive you." You carefully lifted your right hand and caressed his face.

He leaned into your touch, closed his eyes, and sighed.

After a moment of joyful silence, he sat down on the bed and cuddled with you. He buried his face in your hair and carefully rubbed small circles on your hand.

You leaned, the best you could, into his cuddle.

He wrapped his tail around you, to hold you close. And the two of you, fell sound asleep while in each other's arms.

When you woke up, you were on top of his sleeping body, wrapped in both arms, and had his tail wrapped around your good leg.

It looks like he'll be helping you to recover all over again.

You closed your eyes to rest more, but an alarm went off. You jumped, startled by the noise, and hissed as pain throbbed from your wounds.

Macaques tail let go of your leg and flung the alarm across the room. The crashing noise it made startled you, making you jump and hiss once more.

You then heard Macaque chuckled. "Sorry Sugarplum. I placed the alarm there. I have a play to preform soon." He explained, while slowly waking up.

"Oh." You mumbled.

After a while of careful maneuvering, you lay on the bed while Macaque dawned his cloak.

"I'll be back when it's over. Then we can go to the 'victory picnic' MK invited us to." Macaque spoke. You nodded and smiled.

"I'll see you soon then." You said cheerfully.

He smiled, "See ya soon, kid."

He teleported away through his shadow portal.

You closed your eyes and listen carefully to his story once more.

You mumbled the words with him until you couldn't.

He added more to the story.

It surprised you!

The added more characters!

It was no longer just the hero and the warrior, but also a moonflower.

It was a small, fragile thing, according to the story, but it slowly changed the warriors thoughts and feelings about things.

As you listened to the story, you couldn't help but feel like he intended the moonflower to be you.

The warrior cared for the plant.

As an evil winter came, in threatened to harm the moonflower, to which the warrior responded by hiding the flower away. He continued his new tale and you wished you could see the images.

It must have been incredible and slightly confusing, when considering the change from protectors to gardens.

Once it ended, Macaque returned and surprised you with a wheelchair.

"Figured you might want to be able to move around more comfortably." Macaque explained.

You smiled, then gasped as he used a shadow portal to move you from the bed to the seat.

"Maybe give me a warning next time?" You chuckled nervously.

Macaque chuckled awkwardly.

He then used a portal once more to bring you and him to the picnic.

(1007 words. I might come back and edit/fix this one. Enjoy!)