Chapter 19: Reunion

You were hanging around MK, trying to encourage him as he tried to use his powers. The end result, was him releasing gas. You and Mei giggled. MK then started to rant about not being able to control his powers. You rolled your eyes at his angry antics.

You then cocked your head slightly as you heard the TEA approach. How was your hearing so much better than before? Was it because you hung out with Macaque? Did you somehow get a portion of his powers? Why was the TEA approaching?

"Guys! Time to go!" "Tang! Don't just yell! I can yell!" The four of you heard Tang and Pigsy. The TEA pulled up. Something clicked, and you ran to the van. You slammed open the back door and whispered, "Macaque!" A shadow moved towards the front of the vehicle. You chased after it.

You brushed the curtain, that separated the front from the back, to the side. There, reclining in the drivers seat, was your favorite monkey. "Macaque!" You whispered, tears started to form in your eyes. "Sugarplum?!" He sat up, looking you over. You strangled him in a hug.

"I missed you." You whispered. "Me too." He hugged back. "MK. They pulled up over here for us!" You both heard Mei call to MK. Macaque stared at the curtain for a moment, then down at you. He sighed, "Sorry Sugarplum but,-" You looked at him for a moment, then it grew dark as Macaque explained, "I gotta take care of business."

You felt him disappear in the darkness. You knew what he meant when he said that, you think. But why did he hide you immediately? If he wanted more drama, he could have made you vanish in front of MK, just as he does to Mei and Sandy. If he's worried that you would tell the others, he didn't need too. You could keep a secret.

You pondered on that while in the darkness. You had a small bad feeling grow in your gut as you thought about it. Did LBD know about you? I mean, you did meet the fake mayor twice! So~ that couldn't be too far fetched. Was she planning something with you involved somehow?

You felt Macaque pull you out of the shadows. You looked around your surroundings. The van was destroyed, and MK, Mei, and Sandy were nowhere in sight. "Where-" "They left." Macaque answered. "Oh." You responded. You looked at Macaque. "Are you alright?" "Yeah. I'm fine. Just a bit sore." Macaque answered.

You gave a small smile and hugged him. "Is something wrong?" You mumbled into his scarf. He gave a soft squeeze. "I'm sorry, Y/n." He whispered. You felt something wet on your shoulder. "Macaque? Sorry for wha-" Something hard hit your head, knocking you out.

Macaque held your unconscious body, as his clone disappeared from behind. He carefully sat down with your form and- cried for a while. He hated that he had to do this, you were the first one he trusted after centuries of betrayal! But, if he wanted to protect you, he had to do this.

Once he calmed down enough, he made a small seal and placed it on you. The seal was to hide you from the Lady Bone Demon. Sure he didn't need to knock you out for that but, there was one more he was going to do, for extra caution. He made one more seal and placed it on your head.

That seal, hid all your memories from you and anyone that may try to pry them from you. He started to tear up again, and hugged you close. Because of that second seal, you wouldn't remember anything, including him. It was the best way to protect you.

After a moment, he carefully picked you up again and placed you on a large piece of the scrap that was laying around. He gave you a small kiss on your nose and disappeared through a shadow portal, leaving you there with a small note.

(674 words! I promised you that you would see Macaque again! I'm sorry for it being the way it is though! My only defense is, it has to be like this for the overall plot to work! And Macaques defense is, he was threatened by LBD. I'm going to include the details here since it won't be mentioned in detail later.

LBD: "Why haven't you caught them yet? They are at their weakest state, and you couldn't even grab one?"

Macaque: "..." Stares at the ground.

LBD: "Perhaps the problem isn't them. My assistant mentioned to me that you have a friend. A girl."

Macaque:" *gasp* " looks at LBD in the eyes as a grin grows on her face.

LBD: "I see. She must be with them then. Perhaps I ought to eliminate her, if she's such a problem." smirks at her simian slave.

Macaque: "No. Leave her alone. I'll get the two but you leave her alone!"

LBD: "Hm. I'll leave her be, for now~ But if I find out you're trying to betray me, I will find her and- I assume you already know what will happen then~"

Macaque: clenched his fists, stared at the ground, frowned, "Yes, Lady Bone Demon.")