Founder's Day

Founder's Day had arrived, and Mystic Falls was in full swing for the biggest day of the year

Founder's Day had arrived, and Mystic Falls was in full swing for the biggest day of the year. The town square had been taken over for the centre of the event, and looked unrecognisable with all its decorations.

And unfortunately, in the spirit of Founder's Day and the era of the 1860s, everyone had to dress up and for the girls that meant ridiculously tight corsets and stupidly puffy skirts.

Liz Forbes had had a field morning trying to tighten both of her daughter's corsets as much as possible, and Brooke truthfully no longer thought she could breathe or eat again because of how tight it was. However, when she slipped her dress over it, she felt like it was worth it.

It was a baby blue silk dress with a Queen Anne neckline and straps, and the skirt was layered in ruffles. She did her hair into a long French braid with intricate flowers in it, resting around her shoulder, and a few curled strands of her hair framed her face.

Once she and Caroline were ready the pair had to head to the school since that was where the parade would be departing from, and Caroline immediately jumped into bossy action.

Meanwhile, Brooke went to stand by the float and wait for her sister who wanted to take pictures there.

"Hey" came the voice of Damon Salvatore behind her "Wow you've really embraced this whole 1860s look. It suits you"

"Thanks " she replied "I mean I basically went with what google images told me that time looked like. Besides even if it is slightly inaccurate, who cares? it's not like anyone can tell me I'm wrong, they weren't there either." He hummed, his eyes glinting with mischief. "Why are you here anyway? Don't tell me you're one of those guys who graduates high school and spends every day preying on the freshmen girls"

He chuckled "No. I'm just looking out for my baby bro, you know. Him being the new kid this year and all"

His tone was unconvincing, and Brooke narrowed her eyes. "Look, just don't get involved in whatever is going with Elena okay. It's creepy for old men to hang out with a junior in high school."

She shot him a sarcastic smile, just as Caroline, Bonnie, and Matt came over. So, Damon, rolled his eyes and walked away

"What did he want?" asked Bonnie

She just shrugged "To irritate me, maybe? I'm not sure, but anyway, picture time!"

The first pictures they wanted to get were of Brooke and Caroline in their costumes, and then Bonnie took a load of Matt and Caroline.

"Say cheese!" she cried and the blonde girl beamed

"Oh wait!" she said to Matt "Hide your cast, it's not era appropriate"

He raised his eyebrows in disbelief, and her friends rolled their eyes. "Seriously?"

She nodded firmly "Yes"

Grinning, Matt gave in. "Okay, fine" He switched sides so that his broken arm was behind her back, and Bonnie took the picture again

"Okay! I want a girls picture now" exclaimed Caroline