Chapter 40

Planning

"What?" Alina asked in shock. Kaida could feel herself trembling, all the students...

"There are...there are rumors that he put it to the torch,"

"Alina—" Mal called her.

"The students," Alina said, panic creeping in on her. "What happened to the students?"

"We don't know," Tamar said.

Alina pressed her hands to her eyes. "Your key," she said looking at Tamar.

"There is no reason to believe—"

"The key," Alina repeated.

Tamar handed it to her. "Third on the right," she said softly. Alina took the key and started walking as fast as she could.

"You think they are all dead?" Kaida asked fear in her voice.

"Probably," Kaida let a shaky gasp escape her lips and she took her hand towards her mouth. "We need to end this," They all nodded, sadness filling the air.

They all went inside, some of them went to eat something, others to rest, Kaida just went to the room she was given to and took a quick shower.

Genya gave her some clothes she could wear so she changed to clean clothes. When she was finished she looked at the coat that was lying on one of the chairs of the room. The coat was dirty, full of mud and in some parts broken but she couldn't handle not putting it on.

She walked out of the room to find Genya.

"I knew the clothes will feed you," she said with a smile.

"Thank you for the clothes," Kaida said.

"If you are cold I can give you another jacket, one less broken and more clean," Genya said.

"No, it's from Nikolai," Genya looked at her sadly. "I was wearing it the day... the day the Spinning Wheel was attacked,"

"I understand. If you want I can ask David to fix it,"

"No, it's fine, thank you. I'm going to find Alina," Genya nodded and Kaida started walking towards Tamar's room "Third on the right,"

When Kaida arrived at where Alina was she knocked on the door.

"Alina?" Kaida asked unsure.

"Leave me," Alina said from the inside.

"Alina, I'm coming in," Kaida opened the door and stepped inside the room. Alina was in the middle of it, her eyes full of tears and anger.

"I told you to leave," Alina said.

"I know," Kaida answered.

"Well clearly you have issues understanding what that means," Alina snapped.

"No, I did understand you, loud and clear," Kaida said calmly.

Alina looked at her annoyed. "Fuck it," the sun summoner stormed out of the room and Kaida followed her.

"Where are you going?" Kaida asked her.

"I'm going to kill The Darkling," Alina said.

"What?" Kaida asked surprised. Jake, Zoya, Genya, Mal, David and the rest that were resting and chatting in the common room saw them and with confusion followed them.

"Alina, that's insane. We don't have a plan," Kaida said.

"I don't care, I'm going to kill him," she said without stopping walking.