Extra 2

Kaida was with Zoya, Jake, David and Genya in the room before the King and Queen's room, lying on one of the sofas with a glass of wine in her hand. Zoya also had one in her hand and was sitting on another of the couches with her back resting on Jake's chest and Genya was sitting next to David on another of the couches with a cup of tea when the doors were abruptly opened. They all turned their heads towards the door alertly, but relaxed when they saw that it was Nikolai who was approaching Kaida with a big smile on his face.

"What has you so happy?" Kaida asked after he kissed her with excitement.

"The Chapel is finally done!" He said with happiness. "I'm finally going to be able to see you with the crown on your head," Kaida laughed. "We need to start preparing everything!"

"I will start tomorrow," Genya said with a smile.

"Oh, I'm so happy," Nikolai said with a smile.

"I can tell," Kaida said, smiling him back.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

It was the coronation day, finally Kaida would see Nikolai getting crowned, after all he had done for Ravka, he deserved.

She was in a room different from Nikolai and she was moving her leg up and down, trying to control her nerves. She looked up when the door was opened slighlit, her favorite blonde hair appeared on it and she smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Kaida asked with a smile standing up from her chair to walk towards him after he closed the door behind him.

"I wanted to see you," he said with a smile hugging her.

"You should be getting ready," she said with a smile.

"I just have to put the jacket on and that's it," he said with a smile kissing her on the lips.

"You are pretty stupid," Kaida said with a smile.

"Thank you," Nikolai said

"Why are you thanking me? I just insulted you," Kaida asked with a frown but a smile.

"All I heard was "You are pretty." I'm focusing on the positives in life," He said, making Kaida laugh out loud.

"Saints know how much I love you,"she said, giving him a kiss.

Someone cleared her throat and Kaida and Nikolai broke the kiss apart to turn around and see Genya, Zoya and Alina on the door.

"Your Highness should be getting ready for the coronation in less than two hours," Genya said.

"I told him to," Kaida said with a smile.

"Yeah, sure you did," Alina said with a smile.

"I did!" Kaida protested.

"Whatever. Nikolai leave," Zoya said. Nikolai laughed and turned to give a quick kiss to Kaida.

"I'll see you in the chapel," Kaida nodded and Nikolai left.

"Let's get you ready, we have too many things to do," Genya said walking towards the bed of the room to gently leave the dress.

First, Genya combed Kaida's purple-tipped coastal hair into a low bun with several loose strands of hair delicately and precisely. Then she applied her makeup, as usual, with her small science, covered the small imperfections on Kaida's face and then painted her eyes in a natural way, with neutral colors and a bit of white glitter on the tear trough. She gave a little color to her cheeks and then a little color to her lips.

The dress that Kaida had had very detailed made was dark red, the top was corset shaped but with a v-neckline. The front was decorated with gold details. The skirt was large and fell in layered waves, with gold details, it was the same dress from her dream. As a choice of earrings, Genya chose long gold-colored earrings and red shoes in the same color as the dress with gold details on the heel and a necklace decorating her neck.