After

Kaida walked around the port, all the people turned to look at her, why not? She was wearing a really expensive dress and walking around the port.

Kaida was ignoring all the looks, just focusing on controlling her feelings and didn't start crying in the middle of the port.

"Sorry, do you know some boat that could take me out of here?" Kaida asked a merchant.

"I don't know, you should go and ask the captains. I'm sorry I can't give you more information," he said.

"No, it 's fine. Thank you," Kaida gave him a weak smile and continued walking towards where all the boats were.

She was looking at the beautiful water that she had missed for too long and then looked up to the sky. When she was about to look down a flag called her attention.

"Could it be?" she asked with hope. "The Volkony." with her heart full of joy she started running towards the boat that once was like her home.

She was on deck with a smile when a sword appeared next to her throat. She looked at the person that was threatening her and she didn't recognise him. She looked around her and she didn't recognise any of them.

"Call the captain!" one shouted.

Sturmhond was in his cabin talking with Tamar and Tolya when one member of his crew entered.

"Captain, we have a situation out here," the boy said. Sturmhond's face turned serious and started walking out of his cabin.

"I know your Captain, please," Kaida said, trying to convince them.

"Kaida?" Sturmhond's voice said. Sturmhond was out of words, she was looking beautiful with that dress and after all these years he couldn't believe she was in front of him.

Kaida turned around and saw him brought back all the memories that she was trying to pull down into a box. Jake's death, The darkling treason, the Fjerdans kidnapping, all the pain hitted her strongly and she couldn't resist more, she couldn't control her emotions anymore.

"Saints, I found you," she said with tears in her eyes. A sob came out of her throat and then she let herself fall to the floor. Without thinking, Sturmhond ran towards her and fell to his knees next to her.

Kaida hid her head in Sturmhond's chest and started crying louder, she couldn't hold it any more. She was exhausted, and even after the terrible things that The Darkling did she still loved him, and the thought of him being dead was also really painful for her.

"Go back to your work and let's leave this port," Sturmhond ordered before taking Kaida between his arms and started walking towards his cabin.

Sturmhond entered his cabin with Kaida in his arms and left her really carefully in his bed, the only bed in the boat.

Kaida couldn't stop crying. "What happened?" Sturmhond asked her taking off her face a piece of hair.

"He's dead," Kaida said between sobs. "He is dead,"

"Who? Who is dead?" Sturmhond asked her worriedly.

"Jake," Kaida didn't have to explain to him who he was, Sturmhond knew who Jake was. The red haired looked at her with sadness and hugged her strongly.

"I'm so sorry," he said, trying to comfort her.

All the crew could hear Kaida's sobs but neither Sturmhond or Kaida did care, at that moment it was just him and her.

🍁🍁🍁

Kaida finally stopped crying but she was exhausted.

"How are you feeling?" Sturmhond asked her.
"Like a piece of shit," she answered.