Travelling Companion - Park Sungho

Lmao got this idea from an unseen passage that we had in our recent exam.

Btw this story is set in the 90's.

____________________________________

Growing up Sungho never had to face any problem. All of them were solved by his mother. His mother screened him from the hard realities of life.

When she died, she left Sungho alone in a world that was as real as ever. Leaving him alone to figure out how to live- how to survive...

He had been staying at a country vicarage, the inmates of which had been certainly not brutal.

On a particular day, he set out on a journey by train. The pony carriage that was to take him to the station had never been ordered properly.

When the moment of departure drew near, the handyman who should have helped him was nowhere to be found.

In this emergency, Sungho found himself obliged to collaborate with the vicar's daughter in the task of harnessing the pony, that was in an ill-lighted stable that reeked of mice.

As the train glided out to the station, Sungho's clothes were giving an odour of mice.

The only occupant of the compartment, a beautiful lady of about the same age as him, seemed to be in a slumber rather than scrutiny.

The carriage was old fashioned and seats were arranged in such a way that no further travelling companions were likely to intrude on Sungho's semi-privacy.

However, a warm creeping movement over his body betrayed the presence of a strayed mouse that had evidently dashed into his clothes during the time of pony harnessing.

Shakes and pinches failed to dislodge the intruder. Nothing less than partial disrobing would ease his of his tormentor, and to undress in the presence of a lady made his ear-tips tingle in a blush of shame.

He swiftly hung the railway rug to the racks of the carriage, so that a curtain hung across the compartment.

In the narrow dressing room, he freed himself from the intruder from his clothes.

As the mouse gave a wild leap to the floor, the rug came down on the floor and the awakened sleeper opened her eyes.

Sungho pounced on the rug and hauled in chin-high over his body as he collapsed into the further corner of the carriage.

The blood raced in the veins of his neck and forehead while he waited dumbly for words to come out of his mouth.

"I had one crawling creature inside my clothes just now." Sungho said.

"It was the most awkward situation. I was getting rid of it that bought me to this embarrassment." Then dashing madly towards a corner, he struggled frantically into his dishevelled clothes.

As he sank back in his seat clothed, the train slowed down to a final crawl, as the women spoke.

"Would you be so kind as to get me a porter to put me into a cab? It's a shame to trouble you, but being blind makes one so helpless at a railway station."

The end