XIX

---
Jayce's POV

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I question the brunette sitting in front of me, sipping the latte in my hand.

Ariana called me early this morning, asking if we could talk and get coffee. Of course I said yes. I would do anything to see her, even if she is married.

"I just wanted an excuse to see you. I felt like we didn't get to talk as much the other day," She gives a small frown at her last statement.

"What's there to talk about? You're getting married; it's great," I give fake enthusiasm. She sees right through it though with the roll of her bright brown eyes.

"All these years and you still don't know how to lie," She smiles, her dimples making a small appearance, "You don't have to lie to me, Jayce."

I scoff, raising one of my eyebrows, "Who says I'm lying? I'm happy for you Ari, really."

She looks down, tears prickling her eyes but they're gone as soon as she sniffs, "Yeah, thanks, that means a lot coming from you."

"What about you and—What's her name again?" She looks around in thought. Is she serious?

"You really don't know her name or are you just trying to be funny?" I place my coffee in front of me, eyeing her as she stares back at me.

Her enticing stare soon turns into a smirk, sipping the coffee she also got while batting her eyelashes at me, "Must've slipped my mind."

"Woah, you're still jealous after all these years?" My eyes widen in shock.

"No one's jealous. I just know I'm the only who can handle you," She shrugs her shoulders. I start to harden a little in my pants by the way she's looking at me.

"Ariana, we've been through this. This isn't gonna work. One, I have a girlfriend, two, you have a husband and three, I'm still affiliated," I tell her.

"Fuck, okay! You're right," She runs her hands over her hands in frustration, mumbling to herself, "I just don't know how I'm gonna be able to keep my hands off you."

"What was that?" I raise an eyebrow, pretending I didn't hear her shameless admission.

She sighs, breathing harshly through her nose, "It's nothing."

I go to speak, but she cuts me off by putting a hand up, stopping me, "In all seriousness, I'm having an album release party tonight at my house and I want you to be there."

"Holy shit, you're on album number two already?" I lean back in my chair with wide eyes, "Yeah, I'll be there."

"Great! I'll shoot you a text when it starts," She looks down at her phone in her hands for a brief second, "Shit, sorry to leave so early but I promised Scooter that we would meet before the party."

"All good, I'll see you tonight," I stand up in my seat as well, grabbing my jacket off the chair I sat on. She sends me a small smile before leaving the coffee shop.

---

I step out of my car outside of Ariana's house. The lights were flashing different colors and there were two huge bodyguards standing outside of the door.

I had just got there twenty minutes before twelve and decided to walk up to the door, locking my car behind me.

"What's your name bro?" One of the bodyguards ask me.

"Jayce Garcia," I tell him, handing over my ID when he asks for it. He checks it and then checks the list in the other one's hand before letting me pass.