016

"Hey, Mark," you greeted the older man as he held the car door open for you to climb in, your bag strung over your shoulder.

"Alreet, Miss?" he smiled warmly.

"How many times do I need to tell you to call me Y/N?" you frowned before he had the chance to shut the door. He had picked you up more than a few times over the past week and every time you found yourself scolding him for not using your name.

"Sorry, Miss- Y/N. Habit," he spoke sheepishly before closing the door firmly and rounding the car to the driver's side. "Home?"

"Uh, Sam's actually," you requested shyly, feeling your cheeks warm at the idea.

Since he had brought you to his home last Thursday, you had spent more than a few nights there. He had given you the experience not only of what it was like to sleep beside him, wrapped in his comforting embrace but also a taste of what it was like to be with him sexually and you were hooked. Being with him was exhilarating and filled you with adrenaline that you had never felt before. You couldn't get enough.

"Of course," Mark agreed as he pulled away, starting the journey to Sam's estate.

Your phone began ringing coincidentally, your boyfriend's name displayed on the screen. "Hey, Sam," you smiled, biting your bottom lip as you held the device against your ear.

"Hello, little lamb," he replied. "How was work?"

"Boring," you sighed, drinking in the Newcastle scenery through the window. "Jacqueline has been on my back all day."

"Yer should quit," he told you firmly.

"I'm not gonna do that," you frowned. "Everyone has a boss they don't like."

"Was that aimed at me, little lamb?" he chuckled.

"You know what I mean," you murmured. "I need this job and it's not like I don't enjoy it. It's better than waiting tables."

"But yer divvn't need a job," he huffed.

"I need to pay my rent and I can't keep sponging off my dad, Sam, not the way we're arguing at the moment," I sighed, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"Then move in with me," he deadpanned.

You began choking on thin air at his suggestion, spluttering out, "I can't move in with you, Sam."

"Why ever not?" he wondered. As though his suggestion wasn't completely absurd. As if you hadn't been dating for less than a month, knowing each other for barely six weeks.

"Because," you emphasised, "My tenancy agreement is for the whole year. It's a fixed contract. Even if I did move in with you, I'd have to pay the rent still."

"Then let me worry about that, little lamb," he told you nonchalantly.

"It's fine, Sam. I'm not gonna quit my job and I'm not gonna move in with you," you sighed.

"Maybe not now but yer will. Eventually," he spoke firmly. "Are yer coming over tonight?"

"I'm on my way," you smiled softly, despite Sam's incessant commands to quit your job.

"I canna wait," he replied.

"I literally saw you yesterday," you flushed shyly, burying your face in your hand.

"I know, what're ya doing to us like?" he wondered teasingly. "Are yer nearly here?"

"Just coming into the estate now," you told him, gathering your bag as you readed to get out.

"Alreet, I'm coming," he informed you. "See yer in a minute, little lamb."

"Bye," you smiled before ending the call and shoving it in your coat pocket as Mark pulled to a stop in front of the house. "Thank you, Mark."