039

WARNING: Very graphic content including rape and domestic violence, DO NOT read if this makes you uncomfortable

"He what?" Emilia demanded, her jaw dropping as her son explained what her husband had been up to behind her back. "Don't worry, bambino, I will speak to him."

"Thanks, Mam," Sam sighed over the phone, just as William entered the kitchen, looking mightily pleased with himself. He had just returned from delivering his blackmail threat to his youngest son, who was almost immediately on the phone to his mother.

"I've got to go, I love you," she told him softly, ending the call with a soft click.

"Who was that?" William asked sharply.

"Our son," she snapped, folding her arms across her chest and glaring in her husband's direction.

"Of course he's gone running to Mama," he scoffed, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. "He's pathetic."

"You're blackmailing him into marrying someone, William," she retorted, her anger building steadily. It was nothing in comparison to her husband's, however, the older man sharply closing the gap between them and raising his open palm. She flinched as she felt it hit her cheek, the force of the slap knocking her head to the side.

"Stay oot of this, Emilia, I'm warning you," he snarled, quickly closing his hand around her throat. His usually icy blue orbs were flaming with rage whilst his fingers squeezed her windpipe, depleting her oxygen intake and leaving stars in her vision.

"You can't do this," she choked, holding her chin up high as she spoke. "Don't do this."

"I'll do whatever the fuck I like," he growled, almost nose-to-nose with his wife. "You need to stop protecting that boy, you're the reason he's as pathetic as he is."

"I'm his mother," she whimpered, closing her hand around William's wrist as he kept squeezing. It was a feeble attempt to free herself but he was much stronger than she and she knew she wasn't going anywhere.

"You're my wife," he spat, twirling her around by his grip on her throat so her back was pressed against him and lowering his mouth to her ear. "Know where your loyalty stands, my love."

"William, please," she begged, blinking back tears as he easily tore her blouse and threw her down onto the countertop. She knew what was coming. This wasn't her first rodeo but it didn't mean it was any easier to deal with.

"Shut your mouth," he snarled, ripping her skirt up around her waist. "Seems yer need to relearn your place." A pained yelp fell from Emilia's lips as William forced himself inside her, silent tears streaming down her cheeks but she knew better than to beg him to stop. "I will kill you. That's a fuckin' promise and there's nowt your precious son can do about it."

"William," she sobbed, feeling the sharp pain with each thrust. She should have been used to it by now but still, somehow, it always seemed to get worse. Maybe that was her husband's cruelty shining through, worsening the torture each time she did not fall in line.

"Who will protect your boys if you're dead, eh?" he taunted, grabbing a fistful of her hair and yanking it backwards. Her back arched painfully and her eyes almost met his with the angle he pulled her at. There was a sadistic smile painted on his lips as though he wasn't forcing himself on his wife but he probably wasn't in his head. After all, this was a wife's marital obligation, was it not?

Emilia let out a soft whimper, screwing her eyes shut as she felt William lean over her, closing his hand around her neck once more. She recoiled at the feeling of his tongue dragging along her cheek, licking up the tears that had fallen as some sick prize. He was telling her that he enjoyed it. She should cry all she wants because he got some sick thrill from it, from seeing her in pain.