020

"Jack, son, come on in," Andrea spoke gruffly, leaning back in his office chair with his entwined hands resting on the hard oak of his desk. The younger officer stepped into the office, standing tall in front of his boss with his feet shoulder-width apart and his hands clasped behind his back.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" he questioned.

"I have a job for you," he explained bluntly.

"Of course, sir, what is it?" the younger officer wondered curiously.

"Take a seat," he ordered, to which Jack easily complied, slipping into the chair opposite his desk. "You know my daughter, Y/N."

"I do," he confirmed, wondering where this request was going because he absolutely was not expecting it to include the Commissioner's daughter in the slightest. "She's off at uni, no?"

Jack was fairly young, celebrating his twenty-eighth birthday just a few months ago and had been with the Metropolitan Police for the last four years, joining when you were just seventeen. Back before you went off to university, you spent a lot of time in your father's office, joining him on his lunch breaks at his request sometimes. You were a meek little thing. Hadn't spoken to him for the first three months you had known him for, rather flushed in embarrassment, ducked your head and scurried into your father's office when he tried.

"Unfortunately," the Commissioner sighed. "Newcastle."

"But that's where—"

"Yes, I know, which is why I sent Graham up to keep an eye on her. From a distance, if you get me," he explained lowly. "But it seems as though Graham has... dropped from the radar."

"What?" Jack frowned. Graham was one of the force's most valued officers, serving almost as long as Andrea Agnello himself. There's no way he would have disappeared. Not without good reason.

"I know," he grimaced. "I don't know if this is connected with any of the... goings on of Newcastle or something else but we've heard nothing from him in weeks."

"Have you tried tracking his phone?" he asked.

"We can't," he told him gravely.

"Oh."

"Which is why I need to send you," he explained. "I know it's a lot to ask but you're a good officer and if whatever's happened to Graham is somehow linked with Y/N, I need to know."

"Of course, sir." He nodded.

"You'll start effective immediately," he ordered, pulling out some paperwork and what looked to be a train ticket. "You'll be staying at Kabanna's. Now, it's not the best but for the purpose of this assignment, it's necessary. It's a ten-minute walk from where my daughter is staying. I want eyes on her as much as possible but I need you to investigate Graham's disappearance and I want regular updates."

"Yes, sir," he agreed.

"Great," he replied gruffly, sliding the papers across the table to him. "Your train leaves in two hours. Go home, pack what you need and get to the train station."

"Right," he murmured, taking the documents and standing to leave. "I won't let you down, sir."

"Be careful, son," he warned, a troubled frown on his face. Andrea knew how dangerous Newcastle could be, especially when you stuck your nose in the wrong places. For all he knew, he could be sending another one of his men into the lion's den but this was his daughter. His only child. The last bit of family he had left.

 The last bit of family he had left