054

He knew. Your dad knew. About your relationship with Sam and now about your pregnancy. It was entirely unexpected but you weren't surprised. You were months overdue for your next round of contraception when Dr Wilson called and pointed out the fact. Panicked, you quickly arranged a date with him when Sam was supposed to be out and thanked your lucky stars you weren't pregnant.

So you thought anyway.

When Dr Wilson came around to administer the jab, he told you that he had to do a quick physical exam. Nothing unusual, almost identical to the exam you had before your first shot but this time he insisted on doing a pregnancy test.

"Y/N, you've been having unprotected sex for months, I have to do the test before I can give yer the shot," he had told you at the time.

"But I'm not pregnant," you had frowned in reply. "I've gotten my period on time and I haven't had any symptoms."

"There's still a possibility, now go and take a urine sample for us," he had instructed, gently pushing a plastic sample cup into your hands.

Though you felt exasperated at the time, you complied with the physician's wishes, knowing that the test would come back negative anyway, so it wouldn't matter. Oh, how wrong were you?

"I d-don't understand," you had stuttered, staring at the doctor with wide eyes. You looked like a deer in the headlights but you didn't have the luxury of getting run over and being put out of your misery.

"It happens, it's called a cryptic pregnancy," he had explained gently. "Sometimes a woman won't have the symptoms, meaning they don't find oot until later into the pregnancy. Yer probably wouldn't have even realised until much later."

"I'm having a baby?" you had asked in shock.

That was almost two weeks ago now. You had been planning on sharing the news with Sam at dinner. Whether he would be livid or happy, you weren't sure but you knew you couldn't keep it from him. Life had thrown a spanner into the works, however, separating the two of you before you had the chance to tell him.

It had been a long week. You had been confined to your room with no phone or computer, no way of contacting anyone. Not Sam, not the girls, not Emilia, no one. You didn't know if Sam was still in jail, whether his influence stretched far enough to get him released on bail until the trial. No one was telling you anything and it was driving you insane. It had only been a week and you were constantly on the verge of a panic attack. Not that your dad cared. All he cared about was persuading you to testify against Sam, convinced you knew of his wrongdoings. You did but he didn't know that. Oh, and arranging a date to get your 'problem sorted'. You refused of course. You may have been fresh out of university and you may have been separated from your boyfriend but you were hopeful he would find his way out of his predicament. You weren't going to get rid of the baby without Sam even knowing.

You were so fed up with seeing the same four walls but you also refused to leave your room. Whilst your dad was at work the majority of the day, probably working tirelessly to build a case against Sam, so you would see him rarely, staying in the confines of your room was your way of silent protest.

By day six, you were on the verge of tearing your hair out. You had been planning ways to escape but hadn't plucked up the courage to go through with it just yet. Your father was a powerful man and held a lot of influence. One wrong move and there was no chance of a do-over.

You knew your dad had officers stationed outside your bedroom door as well as at your front door, partly to protect you from any 'revenge attack' from 'Fender's associates' and partly to prevent you from escaping. Clearly, they hadn't predicted you would climb through your bedroom window but why would they? You were on the second floor and the drop wasn't exactly small. Now, climbing out of a window on the second floor probably wasn't the best idea whilst pregnant and you were sure if Sam or Dr Wilson could see you, they wouldn't be amused but you weren't willing to sit around any longer in the hopes that you would be rescued.