036

"Hi," you greeted softly, the corners of your lips curling into a smile as you noticed the kitten in your boyfriend's arms. You cooed, taking the animal from him and cuddling her close to your chest. "Hello."

"Is this gan be how it is from now on?" Sam pouted, pulling you inside and closing the door behind you. "I'm just gan be ignored in favour of the cat?"

"Yes," you giggled, catching your bottom lip in your teeth as you stroked the kitten softly.

"Lush," he grumbled, staring resentfully at the cat.

"The cat is your saving grace at the moment," you teased, stepping forward to slide your free arm around his waist and pressing a soft kiss against his cheek. "Y'know you don't have to bring her everywhere though?"

"She won't leave me alone," he told you, resting his hand against your back and stroking the kitten's head. "She doesn't have a name yet."

"She doesn't," you murmured, resting your head against his chest and studying the kitten in contemplation. "What about Luna?"

"Luna," he hummed. "I like it."

"Luna it is," you smiled down at the animal in your arms but Sam soon interrupted your peace, trying to pull you towards the staircase, hinting that he wanted to retire to bed.

"It's late, let's go to bed," he announced.

"It's nine," you laughed but you didn't fight against him, letting him guide you up to his room.

"I just wanna cuddle in bed, areet?" he told you as he stroked his thumb over the small of your back.

"Alright," you agreed with a soft huff but your smile contradicted your attitude, reassuring Sam that you were happy to fulfil his request. "As long as Luna can come with."

"How did I know yer were gan ask that?" he snorted. "It's almost like I know ya too well."

And he probably did, his words reminding you that he had someone watching you for the past few months and the thought made your stomach twist. You went quiet, setting Luna down atop the blanket. The kitten moved into a sitting position but didn't stray from the spot you put her in, staring up at you with her big blue eyes.

"Little lamb?" he called softly, settling his palms over your hips and pressing a kiss against your shoulder.

"Do you think we'll ever get back to how we were before?" you asked quietly.

"I hope so," he replied, resting his chin on your head and curling his arms around your waist. "I know I've hurt yer and I know accepting what I do for a living is hard for yer but I'm gan do whatever it takes to make it up to yer. I promise."

"I know," you sighed softly, leaning your head against his broad chest. "I'll be honest with you, Sam, if I didn't care about you so much, I wouldn't be here."

"I figured," he swallowed thickly. You could feel his arms tightening around you and you knew his mind was torturing him with the scenarios where you didn't come back. "If I didn't care about you so much, I woulda just accepted that. But I do. Y/N Agnello, I love yer so much."

"I love you too," you whispered, twisting your head to look up at him with a soft smile and straining your neck to press your lips against his.

"I have sommat for ya," he announced when you parted, clamping his teeth down on his bottom lip.

"More?" you frowned, letting him pull away from you reluctantly. Even though you were still hesitant to resume where you left off, you hadn't been in his arms since before Christmas and you were savouring every second. It was the only place you ever felt truly safe and with the added knowledge of his illicit occupation, you knew no harm would come to you as far as he was concerned. "You spoil me too much."