Chapter 31

Shang stared at the clock that stood against the wall, solemnly mocking him while declaring the time at the same time. He had never been up this early but then again, he hardly slept last night. Usually he would have some alcohol and weed around him to chill and relax and help him think straight but he couldn't bring it along. He couldn't even find someone who could sneak it in.

The picture of her ran clear in his mind; she was so different, yet it was clearly her. Though they weren’t as close, he knew it was her. He shoved the blankets off and walked into a cold shower to wash away the anxiety. What had they done to her?

He never thought he would say it but he missed school.

Refreshed and awake after a few minutes of intense cold water pressure, he had dressed and walked out into the middle of the field in a daze; he didn’t really remember walking to the field but could see that he was not the only one that sleep evaded. 

The whole group sat in the shade of an oddly-shaped tree looking energetic despite the time.
They hated the armies time for waking up because it was way too early but they didn't have a choice at the moment. He leaned against the tree and listened but didn’t really take note of anything that was being said; his mind was elsewhere as he stared at the woman soldiers that trained nearby and soon zoned out.

‘He saw her again as clear as day with her now longer black with edged blue ending in silver tipped hair swinging back and forth. She looked so different but it was definitely her. She seemed to beam with a power - newly found confidence perhaps.
She also looked scary and inhuman in a way that wasn’t... Steph. 

Black track pants swished as she strutted down the corridor with such purpose that it looked as if she was floating. She was not like he remembered her, and he could have sworn that he saw... wings attached to her on her back, maybe a jacket resembling wings or something.

Was he going crazy? ...’

Shang looked down and was brought back to reality by the tap on his leg from Shaylin who sat on the floor to his left. He looked very confused.

“Dude, what’s got you in the zone so early this morning, did you smoke some of the good stuff? If you did, why didn’t you share?” asked Shaylin looking very interested.

Shang smiled then looked across to Carter and Darrius who had just arrived. They nodded in greeting while answering an unasked question that hung in the air between them. He took a breath and waited for them to join the rest of the group before saying anything. 

'It's now or never...'

“Look guys, we need to tell you something..." began Shang uncomfortably.

"Guess who we saw last night?!” Yelled Darrius clearly overexcited for some reason.

'Smooth dude.'

***

Raphael awoke to hungry and whimpering wolf pups, looking at her with expectant eyes; they nudged at her neck motivating her to get up and feed them and play with them. She pushed them off gently before she stretched and got up to get them some meat to eat before they chose to chew on anything else.

She walked slowly to the kitchen and back again before the pups could get up to any mischief, while making sure that she wasn’t followed again before she entered her room. 

She pushed her door open and peered in to see the two pups each curled in the lap of Oblivion and Ripper - they were playing. She was taken aback as she never saw something so... cute and out of the norm for the boys. Dash had accompanied them and sat comfortably on her bed with Lectrix sleeping in his lap.