Chapter 34

Bash waited for everyone in the arena while he busied himself with setting everything up. It was now the only place they could get ANY sort of privacy. They didn’t have anyone watching them or any cameras – hidden and seen around every corner. He had made sure to check every part of the arena. 

Today was the last day left before the show tomorrow, which meant they had a day to get all their affairs in order should anything go wrong.

Ash arrived with the rest of the Heathens trailing behind her. Raphael had mentioned that she would be late. He hoped she knew what she was doing.

Just as the though ran through his mind, Raphael flew in a few seconds after apologizing for not getting there sooner. He nodded his head then looked at them knowing that there was a chance he would never see any of them again; in war, death was always guaranteed.

“Where is Temptress?” he asked looking around to make sure he didn’t overlook her.

He didn’t like her, but she was a part of the team in her own way...

“We can’t find her.” answered Ash sadly.

“She chose her side but we still wish her the best.
Ok, we have a few hours left before this day ends. And I think I have a plan.” began Bash quietly as to not be overheard by anyone that was not a friend.

He rolled out a map and placed chess pieces on top representing each of them including the students left behind. He looked at Dash who ran around checking if they were being spied on; as the General had a habit of doing it, just to watch Her. Bash had come to realize what the General's true intentions were when it came to Raphael. He had never felt more disgusted and ashamed.

“All clear, surprisingly. There are no cameras watching us anymore. At all. They have all been removed.” reported Dash confused.

“I removed some of the hidden ones.” explained Bash quickly.

“And i removed the rest that were left behind. I watched the others get taken down by the General's men.
The only ones left are what the General wanted to leave behind to keep an eye on things temporarily. The security that was put on them is tight. The General wanted to make sure that there wasn’t a chance the cameras could be hacked into and used as leverage.” explained Cyber arrogantly; “But I don’t think he thought of someone hacking them from the inside, I put up monitors within those cameras to know where and when the General goes about; he won’t suspect a thing. If there is any other movement too, I will get a notification on my smart watch – which I tweaked out - and we will know when and where to go as well as what’s happening around us that the General neglects to say if you know what I mean.”

“How fortunate for us then. 
Now, this is a map of the whole compound which includes the different habitats the General had built. I recently found out that most of the habitats have been destroyed. Nothing is left to say that they have been there at all.
The killing arena is at the end of the compound near the marina habitat, which is also the only habitat left. I did some digging and found out that the site was built above old mines shafts that are riddled with explosives in every direction. 

I’m thinking that if the General wants a quick get-away he can just blow up the whole place. It destroys any evidence that may be left behind otherwise. He can always claim that they were just testing a new military weapon – the usual excuse.” informed Bash slowly.

“Are those explosives still active?” asked Ripper curiously.

“I’m not sure, probably. All I know is that they are connected to the main computer and knowing the General, he doesn’t use or do anything without having a good reason for it. 
That’s where you come in Cyber. Hack into the computer and access the data frames. See if it can be set off manually or by any local computer. If it can, make sure it is ours and only ours to use. I don’t want the General to get an upper hand in any way.” explained Bash in his leadership tone.