My choice... let me not regret it!

You know this feeling when someone is watching you? This tingling sensation and just feeling uncomfortable? 

I kinda feel just like that at the moment. Though I was also a bit dumbfounded since Penelope was not a character who could actually use magic and here I was using magic with the help of the system. Should I be concerned? Probably especially since it kinda implied something about me going against a god! What the hell was that even about? I thought the system was kinda the game and I was sucked into the game but if this system was telling me to fight god, was it another god? Was the system maybe the creater of this world? What the hell was going on? Better question! Did I wanted to know what was going on?

No...

No I didn't!

I just wanted to survive all this shit!

I mean this was already over my head and why should I get involved into something bigger if I find out about the truth! Nope! NOT with me! I already had all hands full with just working out my life! Now this?! THIS?! No thank you.

As I was a bit in shock from everything, I didn't notice Winter coming up to me until he actually had touched my shoulders. He seemed worried but more curious about what just happened.

Winter: You know magic?

Me: No!

Winter: I just saw what you did. No need to hide it.

Well fuck!

What do you want me to say?!

I did this cause I am a mage!

I am an arcmage on top of everything!

Bow to me since I am above you!

Hahahah very funny!

I don't even know what happened and you want me to actually tell you that I know what justh happened?

Heck do I look okay to you?

I am baffled and shocked and I don't even know what is going on!

Me: I am! I don't even know what just happened but the kids! We have to follow them!

The system was urging me to chose something and I started to see more and more of these system windows. They just started popping up out of nowhere! What was going on?! This was definitely not normal at all. In response to these pop up windows I started to wave my hand as if there was a fly bothering me to get rid of them.

Winter: There is no use.

Me: NO USE?!

Winter: The people of Laila took them.

Me: AND?!

Winter: There is nothing we can do.

Me: LISTEN! These are kids! They are in danger. If you are going to go with me good if not, I am going alone!

Just like that I ignored Winter and turned around to look at my options again. Now that I am looking at it again, I just wanted to safe the kids but a place in this world where I belonged and could call my own was just sounding too nice. I couldn't say no to that especially since I wanted to live and survive. Not as if I knew what the future was bringing me but this was my quick ticket to actually have the system keep me alive. It was offering my place in this story or so I interpreted that.

Me: Screw this!

I klicked the one option that I thought would get me the most out of everything and ignored Winter completly. Of course I was kinda surprised to see him right next to me when we got teleported to the island because of this damn system.

Winter: Here take my shoes, you shouldn't go barefoot.

Me: And why do you care?

Winter: I am sorry for how I reacted earlier but Laila followers are not to be taken lightly.

Me: There are still children involved in this! What do you think will happen if we let everything continue?

Winter: You have a very good point.

Me: Thanks and no thanks. Your shoes would be too big for me.

Winter: They are magical. They will resize to your own size. Please I insist.

Me: Thanks then.

I took the shoes he was offering me and and we started walking around the beach till we found a path that was of course going down into a cave system. Why couldn't it be something more normal? Why a cave system? Did this damn story to be dramatic? This was really just screaming trouble and drama and something bad is gonna happen.

If I could, I wouldn't be going down this path but let's be honest... there was no way out of this one. Plus I had a feeling that the system would bend this story until I would chose an option that would satisfy it. Besides I was sure I would soo find out why it wanted me to actually be here. For once it could have just given me the option to return home but nope.... there was nothing like that... instead it says fight god as if I had a fucking death wish!

Of course I'll do that.... and with pleasure!