Chapter 8 - The Ring

Astoria's Pov

I was frustrated, really frustrated. Almost 1 hour ago my dad announced that I'll be marrying this guy who I've known for my 'entire' life. That's so great, just so freaking great.

Note the sarcasm please. Since then I've been sitting on this table, just drinking tequila shot again and again.

"Tria, Stop" Lex said to me in a really worried and concerning voice.

I sighed and and kept the glass back on the table. Ashford was missing since dad announced the exciting news. Not as if I want to see him right now.

"Do you know where's Ash ?" Xan  asked me and lex

"I don't know. Don't ask me" I said in a cold voice. 

I crossed me legs and sighed while looking up at the ceiling. Suddenly i got an idea, I looked at Del and she was already looking at me. I messaged her on her phone.

Meet me in my car in 5

She looked up and nodded. I took my clutch and went towards the parking lot. I unlocked my car switched on the ignition. I decided to listen to some music until Del shows up. Breakfast by Dove Cameron seems to be the perfect song right now.

"Ooh-ooh, so you wanna talk about power?
Ooh-ooh, let me show you power eat boys like you for breakfast
One by one hung on my necklace

It makes me feel alive
I eat boys like you for breakfast
And I know that you tried your bestest
I never said it's right
But I'm gonna keep doing it "

I was just singing and then Del entered through the passenger door. She took my phone and unlocked it. She played Young and Beautiful my Lana Del Rey. I love that one.

"What Happened, Why'd you call me here ?" Del asked me and lowered the volume. I buried my face in my palms. I didn't realized when hot tears started trailing down my eyes. 

"How can he do this to me ? Doesn't he know what happened 7 years ago ? did he forgot it all ?" I shouted at particularly no one. I kept on crying while summertime sadness was playing softly in the background. "Shhhh............ It's okay, let it all out. I know you've been holding it since a long time." She rubbed my back and my face was still buried in my palms.

"I don't want this to happen. I don't want to get married right now. Why doesn't dad understand it ?" I asked her and she hugged me.

" You do know that whatever your dad does is always for your best, don't you ?" she asked me while looking in my eyes and I nodded. "This must have some reason too, okay ? So now stop crying and fix yourself up. Do you think people won't notice when the mafia queen is missing from the party ?"  She tried to cheer me up and i smiled in return. She fixed my hair and dress and we went back. 

"Where were you two gone?" Esme asks us and we just smiled. "Just to get some fresh air ." Del replied and she nodded still not sure with our answer.

We got back to our table and drank again and ate dinner. After finally 2 more hours of torture. Dad told us to go home. I bid bye to the girls and came in my car waiting for the boys. They finally came and we left. The car was awkwardly silent so i put on my playlist. Delicate isn't a bad song for right now. 

We've been driving for almost 15 minutes now and the music was keeping company to all of us. I was driving at a steady speed since I drank a lot of tequila shots. We reached home after 1 hour and I straight away went to my room to sleep. 

Next Day 

I woke up at 7:30 and quickly took a shower. I got ready to got to my office. I need to  attend a thousands of meetings today. I quickly applied my mascara, foundation and lip gloss and went downstairs to have breakfast.