Chapter 20 - Paris

Astoria's Pov

"Ready ?" Ashford asks me and i nod. We get out from the plane and make our way towards the Rolls Royce waiting for us.

We sit in the backseat while i take a view of my birthplace and hometown. It changed a lot since I last came here. I never really visited it after nonna went away from me.
{Grandma}

"Will you please put this on ?" Ashford asks, taking me out of my trance.

He handed me a blindfold and i raised an eyebrow.
"Please. If i don't do this mom is gonna kill me " he says and rolled his eyes at the end.

"I won't tell her " I told him and looked outside the window again

"I know you won't but our dear driver here will " he says in a low voice and i sighed before taking it and puting it on.

After almost 30 minutes of driving I felt the car come to a halt. I heard the door slam and then cool air hit me on my left leg.

Ashford held my hand but i yanked it away and got out of the car on my own and tripped on air.

"Hold my hand or else you will fall down " he says and i reluctantly held it. He led me to somewhere while i still had the blindfold on.

"Mon petit tonnerre " i heard a all too well familiar voice say. I would recognise that voice even in my deepest sleep and my most horrific nightmare too.
{My little dangerous thunder}

I took off the blindfold in a hurry and looked at the old man infront of me. I looked around and found myself infront of the gate of the house of my most favourite person in the entire world.

"Nonno" i croaked out and ran to him. He engulfed me in his arm and I felt a tear drop.

"Ne pleure pas maintenant. N'es-tu pas mon petit tonnerre dangereux ?"
He said and i nodded.
{Dont cry now. Aren't you my little dangerous Thunder ?}

"Alors arrête de pleurer " he said and
I wiped the tears that escaped my eyes.
{Then stop crying}

"Well....Don't you wanna come in ?" Nonno asked looking at me and Ashford when I broke the hug. I nodded and went inside while smiling like my 10 year old self.

Nonno told one of the maid to get us some snacks and sat beside me.

"How are you dear ?" He asked Ashford and he smiled in return.

"I'm fine Mr. black" he replied and Nonno shook his head.

"Don't call me Mr.Black. it makes me sound like I'm an old man. Call me Nonno " he said and Ashford nodded while smiling.

That was one of the charms of Nonno. He had the power to make anyone smile. He is a retired assassin. He was the world's best assassin in his time and met nonna on one of his missions.

"You guys should go and take some rest. It's really late now. We will Goa nd explore things tomorrow. You both can sleep in Ast's room here" Nonno said and I went upstairs with Ashford following me like a lost puppy.

I opened the door of the room in the end of the hallway and found myself engulfed in my memories.

My room here was simple. It had a bed in the middle, bedside tables on both sides with a lamps on them, fairy lights with photos, led strip light on the ceiling and a TV.

"You always had a thing for fairy lights , didn't you ?" Ashford asked in a teasing voice and I nodded slowly.

I went in the bathroom to take a shower and do my night routine. I washed my face and brushed my teeth officially calling it a night.