1.19

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

*knock knock*

"coming!" jake shouted as he ran down the stairs of his house. he had just finished changing clothes and brushing his teeth when someone was at his door.

jake was expecting jungwon to come by but it was way too early. maybe jungwon couldn't wait for the gossip. that kid was one nosy brat sometimes.

"if you came empty handed, don't even think of coming in," jake said expecting to see his dimpled friend.

you can only imagine jake's surprised face when he found himself looking at his crush and long-time friend heeseung.

"good thing i made you breakfast then. so, can i come in?" heeseung smiled. he could sense jake did not expect him and did not want to see him yet.

"hee? what are you doing here?" jake asked genuinely lost.

"woah haha, isn't it too early to be rude?" heeseung laughed.

"s-sorry," jake stuttered, "um... you said you brought breakfast?" he fixed his expression and tried to seem calm and collected. even though he was not.

"yeah, your favorites. can i come in?" heeseung asked, a long forgotten phrase he only used at the beginning of their friendship. now it was so strange to have it leave his mouth.

jake nodded and made way for heeseung to enter. as the latter prepared the table and food so they could eat, jake excused himself to the bathroom to panick.

why is he here?! i thought he would take the hint and not come! geez he has such good luck, why couldn't he come tomorrow when my parents are here so i didn't have to open the door for him?! agh why did i open the freaking door...

jake reprimanded himself quickly and then had a look at his face in the mirror. his hair was unkempt but it didn't look it, it just seemed like he had styled it lazily. his face was flushed, though.

he needed to calm down or he could have a breakdown any second now. he didn't want to experience that again. not after the one he had a year ago when realization hit him. or the one he had a couple days back because of what he witnessed.

he splashed his face with water—which turned out to be a bad idea, it was freezing cold—and walked out of the bathroom generally more composed.

they sat down and jake just realized he was hungry, so they started eating in silence until they became full.

"that was good, heeseung. ever thought of becoming a chef?" jake complimented teasingly. he had relaxed throughout the meal and his guard was considerably down.

"i don't think i would want to. but i can keep cooking for you, if you'd like," heeseung said in a strangely suggestive tone.

jake's smile froze. what exactly was going on?

"as much as i do appreciate your incredible cooking skills. can i ask, why are you here hee?"

"straight to the point, huh? well, i guess the sooner the better," heeseung smiled excitedly.

⁎ ✶ ⁑ ✦ ⁂ ★

🕺

Enhypen were so much fun these last concerts, so glad to see they had fun

Jay playing the guitar for Jake to sing a jb song? 🥹 i love them 😭

See u friday!

-nova<3