10 : Rituals before the Wedlock

Third person's pov

In the rear of that day, a lot happened in a span of week. Wedding dresses for the bride and groom were brought customized tho, venue were selected, invitations were send, the wedding of Jungwon and Jia will be held at the trio shared Farmhouse ( a residential area amid beautiful landscapes) which was brought way back by their parents in their high school days for them to spend holidays together.

All of them arrived the spare house since the start of week and the preparations have already started because after the rituals are done, the day after will be the most awaited wedding taking place. The trio took a whole week off after finishing their respective works. 

Subsequent to the eventful day, at present its finally time for Jungwon and Jia's wedding rituals. This is a Kor-Indian wedding, So it is obvious that there will be rituals of both the cultures. Firstly, In Indian wedding, there are a series of ritual performed before the wedding.  initially is the Haldi ceremony :

The belief behind performing turmeric ritual before marriage is that it enhances the complexion of the bride and groom. The traditional significance of Haldi (Turmeric) ceremony 

Haldi ceremony is a pre-wedding ceremony performed a day or two before the wedding. Family members and friends playfully slather the bride and groom in a paste of turmeric, oil, and milk.

It is believed that haldi ceremony is done in order to prevent evil spirits from harming the to-be-wed couple. As a result, the bride and groom are typically not allowed to leave their home after the haldi ceremony until their wedding mahurat (auspicious time).

In Indian customs, turmeric's bright yellow colour is highly auspicious. The couple, who are beginning their new life together, is blessed with prosperity thanks to the good fortune of this element and its colour. For this reason, the groom and bride wear yellow attire for their wedding haldi ceremony. 

In addition to its ability to beautify, purify, and detoxify, haldi is also thought to lessen some of the anxiety that the bride and groom experience. Turmeric contains an antioxidant called curcumin, which has been shown to have mild antidepressant and headache-relieving properties.

 Second is Mehndi, otherwise known as henna, is a paste associated with positive spirits and good luck. Indian Wedding tradition calls for a Mehndi ceremony to be held the night before the wedding as a way of wishing the bride good health and prosperity as she makes her journey on to marriage.

The core significance of applying Mehndi is to utilize its natural medicinal herbal remedies, cooling the body and relieving the Bride of any stress before her big day. Henna is applied to both the hands and the feet as a means of cooling the nerve-endings of the body, preventing the nerves from tensing up.

After applying the Mehndi, the Bride must wait for the Henna to stain her hands and feet to create lasting designs. It is commonly believed among that the darker the colour of the Bride's Mehndi, the more her husband will love her. 

After these ceremonies are done, the next day is their wedding day. The bride and groom are  overly excited as its first time for Jungwon to experience an Indian wedding rituals and ceremonies and on top of that, it is his wedding in which all this is happening.