us against the world

Isabella shoots awake

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Isabella shoots awake. Her big brown eyes dart around the room, and I don't know what to do. What do I say to her? Do I comfort her or just ignore the reason she's in this hospital at the first place? We're going to have to talk about this eventually when we get home.

God, I don't even think she can leave this place immediately.

I try stepping to her to atleast make sure she's as close to okay as possible  but the nurse who's standing besides me is pushing me away.

"You have to keep your distance sir. We don't know what her condition will be." She tells. I step back angrily, but know it's for the best.

Isabella looks around the room but it looks like she isn't seeing anything. It looks like she is seeing things, but not realizing it. The nurse tries to speak to her but no words leave her mouth. She's still looking around confused, and I see the nurse starting to panick. This immediately makes me panick with her.

"Wait here sir, I will get the doctor." She tells me hastily, already leaving the room.

Obviously I ignore her rule, and get over to Isabella.

"Hey, stay calm love. Nothing's going to happen to you. I'm here." I try to shush her. It seems to work because she stops thrashing around and calms down.

"Can you hear me love?" I ask her scared for her answer.

She just nods her head.

Why isn't she speaking?

"Please use your words love, you're scaring me." I beg her. She just stares at me with emptiness in her eyes. How couldn't I have noticed sooner that something wasn't right with her? How could I just have ignored the fact she isn't her normal cheerful self? I blame myself for not noticing this, and for not helping her.

"Isabella, I'm so sorry." I whisper to her and kiss the top of her head while embracing her in a hug. I hear her sob against my shoulder, and her soft gasps for air in between her sobs make my heart break.

We stay in that position for a while until an annoyed nurse interrupts us.

She looks between me and Isabella, and just rolls her eyes.

Someone's jeaulous.

The doctor comes over to me and Isabella and we break apart.

"So Isabella" the doctor says reading something of from a sheet. "You know why you're here?" He asks Isabella and she nods.

"Alright. You have a torn Esophagus and
with that a blood vessel popped. That's why an operation was necessary. Do you understand that?" He asks Isabella once again. She just nods and the doctor looks confused.

"Is it normal for her to not talk?" He asks me. He is the doctor shouldn't he know?

"No it isn't." I answer him.

"Weird. We'll have to check for that too later."

"What do you mean? Isn't it normal for her to not talk?" I ask confused. I guessed it had something to do with her condition but now the doctor is saying it's not normal?

"No it not normal. However it is normal for the patient to have a hoarse voice and sore throat but she should be able to just talk."

I start to panick and the doctor notices. That's why he tells me:

"Don't worry, it's probably something temporary. Nothing to worry about."

Except I am worried right now. My wife isn't talking, and he acts like it's all normal?

The doctor bends down a little bit in front of Isabella and starts asking her all kind of questions.

"Okay Isabella. Can you hear and see me clearly?" Isabella nods and he scribbles something down on the sheet he's holding. "Can you follow my finger Isabella?" She does and he nods approvingly. "Okay it looks like you aren't experiencing anything besides from the expected things. It's possible you could feel dizzy or lightheaded. You probably will feel soreness in your throat and cheeks already. You won't have a lot of energy and your muscles will feel limp the first few days. If this doesn't change after 4 or so days, notify me or a nurse please." He finishes and Isabella's eyes widen and he isn't even finished yet. "We will now give you time to recover, but know it will be necessary for you to be kept in the hospital to be connected to a feeding tube since your weight is way too low for your age and height." With this he walks out of her room.

I look at Isabella and see her deep in thought with watery eyes. I quickly come back to her and caress her back.

"Why did you do it Isabella? Eres la mujer más perfecta que he visto en mi vida. No quiero que te cambies mi amor.

(You're already the most perfect woman I've seen in my life. I don't want you to change my love.)

She starts sobbing again and this time I kiss her to make her stop crying. Unexpectedly, it worked and she kisses me back with so much desire it's almost unreal.

I assume she needed this too.

I break away from her and rest my forehead against hers.

"¿Nosotros contra el mundo?"

(Us against the world?)

I ask her knowing she won't response. But she surprises me with granting her thrust in me.

She whispers, merely understandable and in the most fragile and hoarse voice I've ever heard coming from her:

"Us against the world." She locks pinkies with me and start crying silently again.

Only this time she isn't the only one crying.

                              •••
Okay bye I'm crying myself to sleep tonight. Hope you liked this (short) chapter and don't forget to vote,comment and check out my other book! Also follow me if you want me to keep you updated!

Love, Stella xx