Chapter 4

Bay's POV.

We sat there in the parking lot, waiting for Nathan to show up with his friend.

"I'm nervous, are you nervous?" Haley asked, worry in her eyes.

She was worried that things won't go her way tonight. She wanted Nathan and I was surprised she was actually going to tell him.

I shook my head.

"I have no reason to be nervous, Haley, and you don't either. He likes you. Trust me."

She smiled, her eyes lighting up.

"Does he really?!"

She was practically bouncing in her seat when Nate finally pulled up.

We all got out of the car.

"Um, aren't you gonna get your friend?"

I saw a black furry head, passed out in the passenger seat with head buds in his ears.

"No, he'll be fine. I'll just get him a happy meal."

I rolled my eyes, "You're such a wise ass."

Nathan laughed, walking through the front doors.

I sighed, I wasn't going to leave him here, that would be mean.

I lightly taped on the window.

******

Destery's POV.

I slowly opened my eyes. What the hell was that tapping?

I looked at my surroundings. I was in a car. Nathan's car. Oh shit, I fell fast asleep on the way to the restaurant.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when someone tapped on the window again. I looked to see who it was.

I turned my head to face a beautiful girl. Her face was so stunting. Dark brown hair, so straight and silky looking. I wanted to run my fingers through it. Her eyes were very pretty, greenish brown, a beautiful shape. I could stare into them all day. Her smile was the best. So perfect, it made me melt.

She noticed the obviousness of me checking her out. She blushed and looked away.

"Um, are you ever gonna come out or are you just gonna sit there?"

I shook it off. Snapping back into reality.

"Uh yea, I was just trying to wake up." I laughed nervously.

I was such an idiot.

I unbuckled and opened the door. Stepping out of the car, I took a sneak peek to check out her other features.

She had a nice body, not to skinny and not to chubby. Just in the middle. Perfect.

She turned back to look at me.

"Well? Are you coming?"

Again I had to snap back into reality.

"Ye-yea."

She blushed, clearly seeing how she was making me act.

She started towards the door, I smiled. I probably looked like a dork, but I followed behind.

I think I’m going to like it here.

********

Haley's POV.

Nathan and I had already ordered our food when Bay finally walked in. I smiled and waved her way. When I saw a guy walking in behind her, I turned to Nathan.

"Who is that guy? I've never seen him around before."

Nathan smiled at me, making my heart melt, before answering.

"That's Destery. He's the new guy around town, and my best guy friend."

I nodded and turned back to them. I grinned when I saw his face. He was totally head over heals for Bay, and she was so clueless.

Nathan and I picked a table, eating our food while we waited for Destery and Bay to get theirs.

I turned to Nathan. "This night is going to be interesting."

Nathan nodded and took a huge bite out of his burger.