Chapter Fifty Nine: Encountering Rosa

Bai Qingqing ran out of the room, inquiring, "What was that?" with dots all over her face and food in her mouth.

Parker shook his head, and she asked, "You know them?"

He replied, "Just some rogues. I'll be right back." The sudden appearance of potential trouble added a layer of suspense to the unfolding events.

"Parker, wait!" She rushed back into the room to clean her clothes and wash her hands before rushing out behind him.

Memi left and went another way, likely to get King Calum.

As we made it outside, a group of leopard beastsmen stood warily, facing tiger beastsmen who arrived with malicious intent.

The largest tiger, with a stunning female on top, caught our attention. She had brownish-red pixie-cut hair, big purple-blueish eyes, and exuded an air of provocativeness, akin to a villainess. Her striking appearance stood out in the tense atmosphere.

She said, "Parker, you finally came out," and smiled like a Cheshire cat. With confidence, she added, "Have you decided to finally be my male?"

Bai Qingqing expressed her astonishment out loud, "Wow!" at the unexpected scene of a female actively pursuing Parker.

Parker firmly responded, "I'll be a bachelor before I ever be your male. And besides, I already have my own female."

The aggressive female looked at me and then gasped, turning several colors as she stuttered. You could see her hands tighten into balls of fur on the back of her mate.

"What?! That's I-Imara?!" Tiger beastsmen growled, seemingly confirming her identity.

"I-I have not heard of Imara being your mate!" she said with jealous anger, surprising me with her knowledge and apparent concern.

She continued to rant, "It doesn't matter-'

but Parker caught her off, gesturing towards Bai Qingqing. "She is my mate." The jealous female chuckled, expressing disbelief that Parker had chosen someone she deemed ugly and filthy.

"I can't believe you fell for such an ugly freak, and a filthy one at that. Look at the lice and mud in her hair. She scoffed, "What a disgrace." The tension in the air escalated with this unexpected confrontation.

Parker, visibly angered, retorted, "You already schemed against me, but don't bully my mate!"

She scoffed again and recounted an incident from the night of the four tribes, accusing Parker of pinning her down, ripping off her clothes, and exposing her to all the beastmen.

She softened her tone, feigning innocence and sweetness, claiming that she wanted him as a mate but insinuating that he didn't know what was good for him. Her mates growled and became agitated, ready to attack.

Parker, growing nervous, looked at Bai Qingqing and said, "She's spouting nonsense," pointing at Rosa. He countered, claiming that she had ripped off her own clothes, and he had tried to help her up after she tripped.

He accused her of eyeing his two-striped beastman status to strengthen her tribe's power and labeled her a snob. "I would never like a female such as you!

Tensions heightened as accusations and denials flew between the two groups.

Rosa comforted her pacing mate, stating, "I have given you a chance. Since you don't want to be my mate, you are going to return to the Leopard Tribe and stir up a battle between two tribes? Don't forget that we, the tiger tribe, have two four-stripe Beasts."

Bai Qingqing scoffed, realizing Rosa's scheme to manipulate Parker into being her mate by fabricating false accusations. If Parker chose to be Rosa's mate, he would become part of the Tiger Tribe.

A low roar resonated behind us, that went through my entire being, causing both of us to turn around.

Though obstructed by Harvey and Gabriel, I sensed the presence of Parker's father, the Leopard King, Calum. His formidable aura hung thick in the air. Memi, my bestie, appeared with him, offering comfort to Bai Qingqing.

Memi asserted, "We, the Leopard Tribe, ain't no pushovers. If you wish to battle, let's battle."

Parker, however, intervened, suggesting against war, highlighting the unity of the City of Beasts and the potential harm it could cause to fellow beastmen. He proposed peacefully moving away with Bai Qingqing instead.

Parker confronted Rosa, asserting confidently, "I will become a four-stripe beastman one day, and your tribe will fall. You will have to reconsider the way that you act."

Rosa, seemingly contemplating the potential consequences of her actions, scoffed and decided to leave with her mates and other tiger beastmen.

After their departure, Parker turned to Bai Qingqing, embracing her and assuring her that he didn't bully Rosa.

She expressed her belief in him, and he responded, "Then I feel nothing. Let's get ready to move out."

I chimed in, suggesting, "Yeah, you could drop her off at my place." Parker flinched, chuckled, and scratched his head. He admitted, "Yeah, that's what I meant."

"Oh, I know you did," looking at him with the vibe I wasn't playing with him.

Memi chuckled and expressed her sympathy, saying, "I'm sorry you guys have to go through this. I gave Imara the stone house we had, but there are more in that area. You can move there in time instead of going back to the village. It isn't safe anymore." Memi's offer provided a practical solution, considering the changing dynamics and potential risks in the current environment.

Parker shook his head confidently, stating, "I killed the giant beast and got a crystal. I can afford my own home," as he effortlessly lifted up Bai Qingqing, who struggled a little in surprise.

Memi smiled proudly, exclaiming, "My baby is so incredible," before they went inside the castle to gather Bai Qingqing's belongings. She turned around and pleaded, "Wait for me. We can travel together, please."

I nodded in agreement. Just then, Harvey and Gabriel made a move, and I saw him - the Leopard King.

As he approached with Memi on his arm, I was taken aback, losing my footing and falling to the floor.

Overwhelmed by his presence, I couldn't help but exclaim, "Sweet baby Jesus."