P R O L O U G E

Young, smart, beautiful, and courageous all the things that Amelia mother was

Young, smart, beautiful, and courageous all the things that Amelia mother was. All things she hoped someday to be. Although Amelia was described as off putting, offensive, rebellious, and reckless. She wasn't like her mom and she never would be because she didn't know her mom.

Her mom died a year after she was born, with no other family members willing to take her in. She lost her mom before she even knew her, and had no sign of a father.

She was destined to be alone. Destined to be alone in her own thoughts.

Amelia soon found her home to be the orphanage till she was thirteen years old. The orphanage was the only place she saw for years. The other kids treated her with kindness, yet she never felt like she fit in. Even when living there her whole life she still felt like an outsider.

She had only her imagination to keep her company. And how her imagination ran like wild fire.

Amelia dreamed of castles and characters fighting for the princess love, monsters falling slowly for each other, kids just trying to find themselves on quests, and so much more. Dreaming of places that felt like home to her mind. Dreaming of loving someone one day like in the books she read.

Reading was the driving force that kept her alive in the orphanage her whole life. Reading of places, fantasies, memories, war, history, and most of all love.

She wanted that love more than anything else. To feel wanted.
Believed in.
Die for her.

Someone to love.

Though she would never tell anyone who actually knew her that. Because she was stubborn, she was troubled.

Well that's what the orphanage told Katherine and George Walter.

Katherine was adopted by her parents, and while she had many children, she still wanted to give a child a chance at hope. Just like her parents had given her. She was willing to adopt a younger child, that was what she had came to see.

It was love at first sight for Katherine.

The first glimpse of a girl with dark hair sitting by the bay window writing in a journal with three books beside her. The sun glowing down on her as she looked out the window every now and then.

She looked like a pure angel. Amelia had an energy pulling Katherine to her, and soon George caught on.

He found the beauty of the girl as well. While he came here wanting another girl to play with Parker. Instead he found a pre-teen who wanted to live. Who needed the love they could give her.

Amelia Bloom. Now Amelia Bloom-Walter.

Eight blank stares, looked at Amelia as she entered the room. The oldest being 18 and the youngest being a baby. She was one of the only three girls in the room.

"Guys this is Amelia, we have decided to foster her and will see where everything goes." Katherine smiled at Amelia as she spoke and rubbed her hand on her back. "I want you all to treat her with respect and kindness." George pointed his finger out at the boys in a stern voice.