Betrothal

"I do not want to!" Aemma yells at Rhaenyra who sighs as she puts a hand onto her pregnant belly as she looks at her eldest child and only daughter. "It is Aegon! Mother, how could you?!"

"The Queen suggested it and the King has already agreed Aemma, I am sorry" Rhaenyra tries but Aemma shakes her head crossing her arms as she glares at her mother who is watching her with wide eyes.

"You are the heir just say you wish for me to marry Jace or something I don't know, anyone but Aegon" Aemma says crossly to her mother who smiles sadly as Laenor glances at them before looking back out of the window hiding the tears that fall down his face as he refuses to look at his daughter whom he is sending "to the chopping block" as he called her marriage to Aegon.

"Father? Father please" Aemma looks to Laenor who refuses to look back at her as he shakes his head. "Everyone is okay with sending me into the clutches of a cruel boy?! A boy who could give Maegor a fair fight on who is worse?!"

"Aemma-" Rhaenyra tries but Aemma shakes her head as tears fill her eyes and she runs out of her mother's chambers "Aemma!" Rhaenyra calls after her daughter, worried as she looks to her husband who looks back at her.

"This is all you Rhaenyra" he spits

"This is not me!" Rhaenyra yells before glancing at the door before looking back at her husband who is looking out of the window "I did not want this! I fought this! I have fought this battle since Aemma was 3 years old!"

Laenor looks at Rhaenyra confused as she glares at him "What do you mean since she was three?"

"I have fought the Greens over my own daughter, my own flesh and blood, my firstborn, my very heart since she could talk and there was no doubt she would live into childhood." Rhaenyra sighs as tears fill her eyes and she sniffs "I have fought and fought with no one backing me now I have lost. I have lost my daughter, my soul and my heart"

"Rhaenyra-"

"I cannot lose her Laenor, yet I am to... I cannot do this, I even offered our son, our son what mother am I?" Rhaenyra finally sobs out as she looks down tears running down her face. "She is my BABY!"

Laenor sighs as he walks over to her and holds her in his arms as she sobs into her hand.

Aemma runs down the hallway and into Ser Criston who winces as he pushes her back.

"Princess" he begins

"Aemma!" They look around as Rhaenys walks over to them with a stern look on her face. "Princesses do not run"

"Yes, Grandmother" Aemma sniffs as she wipes her eyes. Rhaenys' eyes soften when she sees the redness of Aemma's and she looks at Ser Criston "You may go Ser Criston"

"Princess. Princess" the knight bows before walking away as Rhaenys looks at Aemma who looks back at her with sad eyes.

"What is it, Aemma?"

"I am to marry Aegon. Mother just told me" Aemma says as she wipes her face with her sleeves.

"Gods" Rhaenys breathes "I am so sorry" Aemma nods as she looks down at the ground.