Marriage

Aemma stands before the mirror as she is dressed by two maids as Rhaenyra, Rhaenys and Alicent all stand watching. Rhaenyra and Rhaenys have not spoken to each other and seem to be at odds, however they both seem to have a silent agreement to ignore Alicent who is picking at her nails as she watches Aemma being dressed in her wedding dress.

"You look beautiful Aemma" Rhaenyra whispers to her daughter as Aemma glances up and smiles slightly at her mother who smiles back. "I have something for you, your uncle Daemon gave me one just like it years ago" Rhaenyra holds up a necklace that she had been playing with and walks forwards to Aemma clasping it around her neck.

As soon as it is around her neck Aemma's childhood seems to vanish. To Aemma the necklace seems to be like a slave collar chaining her to her new life in the Red Keep as Aegon's wife no longer as the Daughter of the Heir.

"Never forget who you are Aemma" Rhaenyra whispers to her daughter "Remember who you are and never let them beat you"

"How can I do that?"

"By knowing you are loved and have a family that will back you no matter what" Rhaenyra kisses Aemma's forehead as Aemma sniffs trying to hold back her tears.

"I am scared Mama"

"I know, but I am here and if you ever want to vanish I know the best hiding places" Rhaenyra whispers back at her. Aemma nods as she looks at Alicent who is avoiding her eyes before she looks at Rhaenys who smiles back at her as she walks towards her.

The three white haired women stand together in silence before Rhaenys holds up a ring to Aemma who frowns at it "It was my mother's... you should have something from both families on your wedding day"

Aemma smiles as Rhaenys ties the ring onto the necklace before putting it back around Aemma's neck. "You are strong Aemma, remember that"

"I am trying" Aemma mutters as she plays with the necklace around her necklace. The three of them look around when Alicent clears her throat.

"It is time"

Aemma nods as she takes a deep breath.

Laenor looks down at Aemma who is trembling beside him as they stand in front of the Sept where lords and ladies have travelled from all over the seven kingdoms to witness the marriage between the two heirs.

"Are you alright?" Laenor asks as the doors open and they walk into the Spet with the cheering crowd behind them. Aemma looks up at him before looking back down as she nods.

"I keep hoping this is a nightmare and I will wake up and I will be in bed with Jace laughing about something not related to marriage, Aegon or House Targaryen"

Laenor chuckles at Aemma's words nodding "I wish that as well"

They walk down the aisle together and Laenor has to stop himself punching Aegon who is very clearly drunk at the altar watching his daughter like she is a piece of meat.

"He is mine and I am his from this day for the rest of my days" "She is mine and I am hers from this day until the rest of my days"

When those words are uttered Laenor and Rhaenyra's hearts drop knowing that Aemma will never be theirs again.

At the feast Aemma looks around the hall trying to ignore Aegon who is getting more and more drunk with every cup. Rhaenyra and Laenor sit with Jace and Luke with the other Velaryons who are sitting across from the Hightowers and other Targaryens who are friendly with Alicent who is looking at Aemma from Viserys' side, regret clear in her eyes.

"The Bedding!"

With those words the men start to laugh and cheer while the women's hearts break for the young girl who shivers in terror.

Aemma whimpers as Alicent, Rhaenyra and the Maester all bow their heads as the groom groans in pleasure, not caring about his new bride crying below him in pain.

"We have the proof we need" Alicent says quickly walking Rhaenyra out of the room who with the Maester quickly leaving deeply uncomfortable as Rhaenyra seems frozen tears falling down her face as she looks at Aemma who also has tears falling down her face.

"Rhaenyra" Alicent says, knocking Rhaenyra out of her daze causing her to practically run from the room. Alicent watches her go before looking back at Aemma who looks back at her tears running down her face.