Gardens

Aemma smiles shyly as she slips into the breakfast room where everyone was waiting for her and watches as she rushes to her chair. "Sorry" she mumbles under her breath as Otto looks at her with fatherly affection as Alicent smiles at her.

Aegon watches her as he continues to drink, Aemond watches her closely as he eats his bread and Helaena smiles warmly at her as she drinks her milk. Aemma looks at her Grandfather who smiles back warmly at her as she rubs her stomach missing the feeling of having a babe inside her but at the same time she was happy nothing was kicking her form inside.

"Do you have plans for today, Aemma?" Viserys asks cutting into the silence causing everyone to look between the King and his favourite person in the whole family. Aegon glares between them with jealousy as does Aemond who instead of glaring at the Princess glares down at his plate as Alicent looks between her husband and daughter by law.

"No Grandfather but I did hear the gardeners planted a new lemon tree so I plan on seeing that before the day is out" Aemma smiles at Viserys who smiles back just seeing his late wife in her smile.

"You look just like her" he comments, causing everyone to frown as they look at Aemma who nods.

"My mother?"

"No, your grandmother the Queen Aemma. The woman you are named for" Viserys smiles tears coming to his eyes. Alicent looks down at his words as Otto looks at Aemma who frowns as she looks at her grandfather. Aemond glares at his father for the upset he caused Alicent.

"Mother rarely speaks of her. It causes her too much pain" Aemma says softly.

Viserys nods in understanding "She loved the flowers as well, roses more than lemons but she had the same passion in her eyes when she spoke of plants." Aemma looks down at her food as she eats a lemon cake with a frown "You and Aegon remind me of us" Everyone looks at the King at his words including Aegon who had not been listening.

"Grandfather?" "Father?" "My King?" "Husband?"

"We did not want to be married either, but we grew to love each other deeply... mayhaps Aegon would like to join you in the gardens." Viserys looks at his son with a raised brow. Aegon looks back at him before nodding as he looks at Aemma who smiles back at him.

They walk together in the gardens both unsure on what they should say. Aegon watches confused as Aemma cries out pleased as she runs over to a small tree which makes him frown extremely confused as she takes a branch of lemon blossom from a gardener who had been expecting her.

They smile at each other as Aemma smiles, closing her eyes as she smells the blossom before turning to Aegon who is watching her confused as she holds the branch out to Aegon who walks closer confused.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Smell it"

"'Smell it'?" Aegon asks as if she has gone mad.

Aemma nods as Aegon slowly leans forwards and smells the blossom before standing again as he watches Aemma who is smile at him "Do you like it?" she asks eagerly and for some reason Aegon is worried he will say the wrong thing so he says nothing and Aemma's smile vanishes. "Do you not?"

"I do" Aegon says quickly and is rewarded with Aemma's smile again as she looks down at the branch.

"It is stupid but we must take what we can from his life so I choose to find the small pleasures which include the smell of lemon blossom." She sighs as she looks at a small blooming lemon "My father said if you can smell lemon then you can smell House Velaryon which makes no sense since we are of the sea but now I think of my father when I smell lemon"

"This is not weird that is nice"

Aegon smiles at Aemma who smiles back at him shyly.