Realising

After their time in the gardens where Aegon starts to see Aemma as more than just a baby vessel where he can create heirs, he starts to see her as a person and he starts to fall under her spell that she was unaware she was casting, she had just hoped she would become a friend and a confidant for him.

As they walk through the halls of the Red Keep Aegon cannot keep his eyes from Aemma who is humming to herself as she walks beside her husband deaf to the world again. His eyes are instantly drawn to the bruise around her neck and the great bruise that escapes from her hair line down her neck from the day before.

When he looks at the bruise his heart begins to hurt. He has no idea why but it just does, maybe it is because he is feeling something he doesn't think he has felt before. Guilt. Guilt was something the prince thought did not apply to him. He was the Prince of the 7 Kingdoms.

What use did he have for guilt?

He was not an ordinary man. He was a Prince. A Dragon Rider. Prince with a Princess for a wife. Heirs of his own that were also Dragon Riders. A Targaryen.

What use did he have for guilt? Others are the ones who feel guilt when they wrong him, not the other way around. Why should he feel something lesser men do? He is not a man, he is the closest thing to a God there was on the God forsake ground known as the 7 Kingdoms.

He watches Aemma smile and laugh as she looks up at the sky as it starts to rain. He quickly runs to get shelter as Aemma just stays in place smiling up at the sky as it rains down on her. It was the first rain Kingslanding had gotten in months so she was not about to waste it.

"Aemma!" he calls, making her look at him as he watches her "Aemma! You will get sick come inside with me! We can visit Maegor!"

This makes her smile as she walks over to him slowly, not caring her creamy gold dress was slowly becoming see through.

Before going to visit Maegor he insists she change and so she does. She changes from the cream gold like her mother used to have into a pale blue like Rhaenys' dresses. She refused to wear green like Alicent wanted her to, instead she stayed apart from the slowly dividing Targaryen House.

Opting instead to be neutral just like her beloved sister by law Helaena who never wore green anymore choosing blues, pinks and golds.