Joffery

Aemma walks through the Red Keep with her head bowed as she runs a hand over her stomach as she walks to her mother's chambers. She was pregnant again with what the Maester thinks are twins for how big she is.

She has a son. Maegor, Second of his Name. Aemma did not like the name but Aegon had chosen it so she went along with it.

All she ever seemed to do now was live for Aegon, live to please Aegon, act the way Aegon wanted her to so she would not be beaten that day.

Aegon took his anger out on her because he had nothing else to take it out on. All the anger he felt from being ignored or only having attention when his mother wanted to remind him he was going to be killed when Rhaenyra became Queen. All that anger had to go somewhere.

He never hurt her when she was pregnant or when she was too big that he could not lay above her comfortably.

Now all she wanted was a big belly so she was safe from Aegon's anger.

Rhaenyra and Laenor look around smiling when they see Aemma walking into the chamber, their smiles fading when they see the distant look in her eye. The look vanishes when Luke squeals as he runs over to her, hugging her tightly.

"Be careful!" Laenor calls out as Harwin chuckles watching them "Your sister is delicate right now"

Luke instantly holds his arms out wide in front of Aemma stopping Jace who tries to get to her so he can hug her.

"Stand back, Jace" Luke orders with a huff making Aemma chuckle as she hugs Luke from behind kissing his cheek.

"Come on troublemakers" Aemma smiles "Father may I meet my new brother?"

"Of course," Laenor smiles as he hands her the baby, smiling as Aemma looks down at her new brother. "He is called Joffery"

Aemma looks up with wide eyes knowing the origin of that name "That is a beautiful name, Father"

Laenor nods as tears fill his eyes as he looks down at his sons "Come on, back to the Dragonpit or they will send out a search party"

"You will be best friends with my son I hope" Aemma whispers down to Joffery which makes both Rhaenyra and Laenor pause. They often like to forget Aemma is married to the monster known as Aegon Second of his Name. But when they remember Maegor was Aemma's they had to forget that it was not a dream.

"Are you going to be annoying like your older brothers?" Aemma mutters down at Joffery who yawns up at her. "I think you... No I think you will be kinder and less annoying"

Rhaenyra smiles at her daughter "Where is Maegor?" Aemma looks up at her before looking back down at Joffery.

"He is in the nursery with the maids, Aegon does not want me to coddle him"

"You are his mother, Aemma. No one can tell you how to treat or love your children" Rhaenyra says to her eldest child who looks at her before looking back down at her brother which she hands to Harwin. "Where are you going?"

"To visit Maegor"