Dinner

Aemma sits to the right of the empty place in the middle of the table as she fiddles with a toy that she had made with Maegor who she wished was with her right now. Beside Aemma was her husband who was drinking his fifth cup of wine and had begun to sink and her beloved sister Helaena who was humming to herself as Aemond who was beside her looked around the room calculating as Ser Criston Cole and Jaime Tyrell stood behind Aemma hands resting on the hilts of their swords as they glared around the room daring anyone to harm their sworn Princess.

There was an empty space beside Alicent who sat beside her father Otto who was making faces at Aemma which was making her giggle as she rubbed her pregnant belly.

On the left of the empty space was Rhaenyra and beside her was Daemon who was watching Aemma and Otto smiling softly at Aemma whose smile seemed to brighten the entire room. Beside Daemon was Lucaerys who sat beside his intended Rhaena who was speaking to Baela who stand beside her, quietly as Jace spoke across the two Targaryen women to his brother as he tried to ignore his uncle Aegon who had a hand on his wife's arm which made her freeze slightly as her smile dimmed slightly.

The table was full of people who only seemed to speak to the people who were on their side of the table. The only person who was missing was the King himself.

Daemon watches as Otto pats his oldest daughter's hand as they smile at something Aemma had said which made Aegon looks at his wife who glanced back at him with a shy glance before she looked back down at the table as she smoothed the belly of the wooden toy in her hands as Aemond spoke quietly to Helaena who was smiling as she listened to him.

Everyone stops speaking as they look around standing as the King is carried in by four Targaryen soldiers with the direction of Ser Criston Cole. As the King is put down everyone can clearly see the Dornish Knight brush his hand across the back of Princess Aemma who smiles up at the knight who smiles back at her with a fatherly wink which makes Aemma smile again as she looks down at the table with a happy smile as Aegon watches the Dornish man as he stood back beside the Tyrell Knight with a nod of greeting between them.

Rhaenyra watches heartbroken as she had tried to speak with her daughter who did not seem to remember who she was, which she knew was no one's fault but hers. Aemma only seemed in the room when one of her knights was with her. Daemon also felt sadness, he had hoped he would get to know his first born but he had come back too late. Now she was the Green Princess.

"How good it is..." wheezes out Viserys "To see you all tonight... together." Viserys looks around at his family who look back at him silent as the dying King gasped out some of his final words.

"A prayer before we begin?" Alicent asks more out of formality as everyone on the Green Side of the table bowed their heads with their hands clasped before she had gotten Viserys' answer.

"Yes" Viserys nods with a smile to his wife as he looks at the people around the table who slowly put their hands together if they are on the Black Side of the table.

"May the mother smile down on this gathering with love." Alicent prays with her head bowed as Daemon and Rhaenyra look at each other before they glance at Aemma whose eyes are closed with her hands clasped in front of her. "May the smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long." Rhaenyra glances at Alicent who has her eyes closed. "And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest" Daemon rolls his eyes as he scoffs quietly as Alicent sits up again as the prayer finishes.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems" Viserys groans "My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princess... and their betrothed"