Blood and Cheese

Aemma walks in a daze to her mother by law's chambers with her daughters Visenya and Jaehaera following her confused as tears fall down their mother's face.

Their hands clutching at their mother's skirts as Helaena and Naerys were held in the Queen's arms.

The boys, the new heir Baelon and the spare Jaehaerys walk behind their mother holding Viserys and Jaehaera's hands as they watch their mother who had not spoken a word since the two men entered their chambers.

When they reach the chambers Aemma enters without knocking and does not seem to notice Alicent hurring off of Ser Criston as she holds the bedsheet to her chest as Aemma sinks to the ground with tears falling from her eyes as she hugs her daughters to her chest as Baelon and Jaehaerys stand behind them with terror and hatred in their eyes.

"Aemma?" the Dowager Queen asks, confused as the Queen continues to rock herself with her children surrounding her.

Only then does Alicent realise that Maegor is not with them and blood is dripping from Aemma's neck and a pat of blood is on her skirt.

"Aemma? What has happened? Aemma? Aemma, where is Maegor?" Alicent asks nervously as she sits up as her grandchildren hug their mother who is not speaking as she mumbles to herself as she rocks herself.

"They killed the boy." Alicent's heart drops as she hears the words coming from her daughter by law's mouth as she can faintly hear Aegon talking with his men in the great hall without any idea what had just happened as Ser Criston hurries to dress himself.

Ser Criston pauses in his dressing as he looks at the Queen who he was charged with protecting as he looks at the Dowager Queen who looks back at him with wide horror filled eyes.

"What?" Alicent asks in disbelief as she looks at Aemma before looking at Jaehaerys who looks back at her with blank eyes that make Alicent shiver with nerves.

"My brother is dead. They killed him."

"Who? Who Jaehaerys?"

"They called themselves Blood and Cheese."

"Find them Ser Criston." Alicent orders as Ser Criston pulls on his shirt "Forget your armour just find them."

"Yes, my Lady," Ser Criston says, bowing his head to the new Queen who does not look at him as she continues to talk to herself as if she was no longer with them.

Alicent quickly pulls a night gown over her body before rushing to Aemma who she tries to hug but she starts to scream as she pushes the Dowager Queen away from her.

Alicent stumbles back as Baelon and Jaehaerys hug their mother as do their sisters as they try to soothe their mother who continues to scream, the shock finally catching up with her as she screams her sorrow.

The Queen's screams gain the attention of Aegon in the throne room who frowns as the screams echo through the Red Keep and he leaps from the Iron Throne and runs to where the screams are the thickest.

In his mother's new chambers he sees his children hugging his wife who is screaming on the floor as Alicent tries to hug her but is pushed off.

"Mother?"

Alicent looks up at her son who watches the scene before him confused as he slowly looks up at his mother who is watching him with tear filled eyes.

"Why is Aemma screaming?" At that moment Aegon sounds like a terrified child as he looks at his mother and wife.

"They killed Maegor."

When Aegon hears those words his world shatters and he looks at his wife, not caring that his mother is shaking her head to stop him he falls to his knees beside Aemma and hugs his family.

To Alicent's great surprise Aemma hugs Aegon back as do his children as Aemma slowly starts to stop screaming and just starts to sob into her husband's arms.

At that moment Alicent realises how much she is on the outside of her family, no one had come to her for comfort as they had used to now they went to each other even if they might hate each other.

"I told you," she can hear Aemma sob to Aegon who nods as he hugs her tightly.

"I know, and I should have listened. I am so sorry Aemma." Aegon nods as he hugs his wife tightly as he tries to keep his tears at bay.

"I told you I was scared of the rats," Alicent hears Aemma say into Aegon's shoulder as he hugs her tightly.

"I know, I know."